NGD! eagerly awaited Mayones Regius "Kiwano" baritone

Musza

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I just received my eagerly awaited Regius baritone. It's a heavily customized one with a lovely finish which I called Kiwano (which btw. is a fruit that mix cucumber, kiwi and a banana taste :hbang:)

Spec is:
-6 strings;
-27" scale;
-11pc standard maple/wenge/amazoke/mahogany Regius neck;
-Ebony fretboard;
-Korina body wings;
-Flame maple 3A top;
-Black/Cream/Black binding with a white streak between body and binding;
-Seymour Duncan JB set in black/cream zebra with a green bobbin toppers I put myself;
-ABM bridge;
-ss frets;
-Sperzel locking tuners;
-custom Kiwano finish

I just love how it plays. Baritone scale with NTB design gives it a tight and amazingly huge rhythm sound. Characteristic is a little on the bright side but it's quite specific.

I'm going now on a reharsal of my band to test it out and I'm leaving you guys some p0rn:

Introducing a Kiwano fruit:
kiwano-melon-horned-melon-22767473.jpg

22.jpg

small%20wall.jpg

IMG_8532.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dayviewer

Mr. Djelecaster
Reaction score
One of the best looking finnishes I've seen in quite a while, damn, it's REALLY nice.
Congrats man HNGD!
And erh, can we have MORE pics?!?!? :D

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
Really nice guitar! I almost like the back side more than the top, but looks killer from either side. Congrats!

nikt

LACS Lover
Reaction score
Finish is reversed ;)

Love it Musza. How you like korina? That's probably my most favourite tone wood.

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
Love that! With the creme and green pups ... just so cool! :bowdown: And I'm not usually a "green" guy! Big congrats!! :)

FAiRLiGHT

GUiTAR ADDiCT
Reaction score
HNGD mate !

I'll be happy to have this one in a few months, as usual :D

wigger

Reaction score
The body/pickup color combination looks f'ing perfect! HNGD man!!

Musza

Reaction score
Finish is reversed ;)

Love it Musza. How you like korina? That's probably my most favourite tone wood.

I can't hear a significant difference when we talk about body wings, it has still the same Regius growly character. There are some differences tho of course. As far as my experience tells me, Regius sounds always strong in upper mids, with airy (in a mahogany) or spiky (in ash) highs, yet very solid and exploding lows (a little warmer and fuller on the mahogany one). Korina makes high registers smoother without much air left there and the overall mid character feels "harder" (it's the only word I found to describe this tone). Quite specific and really cool sound for some crushing rhythms, it's a perfect chuger (chuga-chuga :shred:). By far my only complain is with a lead tone but I received it with damn thick strings from the factory and it's a baritone which usually makes higher notes less pleasant for ears. I'll try it with some lighter strings when those lose their freshness.

By the way I really like how it looks - a nice yellowy, light brown colour with some "dirt" on it... exactly like a Kiwano peel :mrburns:

I just came back from a band reharsal. Most of my thoughs about the guitars are above. I just want to add that it's ....ing comfortable and quite light so my back is grateful and happy :)
DSC_0572.jpg