NGD: EBMM JPXI-7

• Thread starter kevdes93
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
Hey all you beautiful people, thought I'd make an NGD for my newest acquisition :shred:

Put one of my RGAs and my JBM27 up for sale on Craigslist about a month ago not really expecting many bites but sure enough I got this as a trade offer! I got an email with "jpxi7" in the subject line and I started having heart palpitations and went :scream: :scream: :scream:
Went and met up with him, nice guy who works for Fractal which I thought was cool. Said to hit him up if I ever wanted an axe fx!

Highest quality guitar I've ever owned, period. Up until now the nicest guitars I've had were ibanez prestige and one ESP, and while they were very nice this is just a whole other tier above those. It's in perfect mint condition, the stainless steel frets are shiny and smooth as butter, the eboner fretboard is super clean and smooth, and the neck is nice and thin so coming from ibanez I feel right at home. Love the finish too. The onyx reminds me of a more subtle and more blue crushed deep ocean so it makes a great brother to my other RGA121!

I like the pickups for the most part, the liquifier is really nice but I'm not super stoked on the crunchlab. I got a good sound out of it so it doesn't have to go right away but it's something that I'm gonna have to do at some point. Very impressed by the tuning stability, I thought because it's a non locking trem that I'd have to retune it all the time but so far since having it almost a week I've tuned it like twice.
The Piezo is cool but I just don't really dig how it sounds in general, I just use the regular pickups. Maybe I'll find a use for it someday but for now I ignore it.

No real negatives I can think of except that it's kinda heavy and it's not a 6 string (mostly what I play these days) but that's minor haha. I'm incredibly happy with my first "high end" guitar :) next I want a 6 string JPX in Barolo

28i15k9.jpg

nbf0yg.jpg

34488rs.jpg

2hx7ecp.jpg

jf9rx2.jpg

24xhva1.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

metalstrike

I love signature guitars!
Reaction score
I've said it many times before but you can never go wrong with Music Man JP's.

Happy NGD!

lewstherin006

Reaction score
Like I said on facebook, these are one of the most underrated JPs out there. I loved mine when I had it. It came with a d-activator in the bridge and it sounded great.

ConstantSea

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Welcome to the club! Still my favorite 7 string after all these years and all the guitars I've tried. BTW mine says hi!

881rQaa.jpg

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
So your sayin' the JBM27 is gone?

Fractal connection?
Hit him up if you want one or hit him up cause he can get you a smokin' deal on one hehe
[later that day he decides the Fractal isn't for him either and PM's me with an offer I won't refuse Axe FX XL+ and JBM27 package deal]

I'm so self centered, I apologize. HNGD :)