NGD- ESP Alexi Sawtooth (Belated NGD really)

• Thread starter Jake
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Okay so I completely forgot to post this until I saw @Blytheryn post their absolutely insane Alexi NGD so this is a few months late, but better than never right?

Pics:
1706237142269.png
1706237162263.png

With it's big brother:
1706237179122.png
1706237193737.png
1706237211415.png

So I scored this thing for a stupid price on Reverb after a getting a few drinks in me, but honestly for what Alexis are going for these days, I had to do it.

This is a 2007 Alexi Standard Series, and it's been pretty well loved, has it's share of dings on the horns, had the EMG swapped out for an X2N (don't love it) but overall it's still in REALLY good shape for being picked up for $2k. Playability is off the charts as you'd expect, just oozes quality.

Longer time members here *cough @Blytheryn * might remember that I actually had one of these back in 2017: see thread below:

But I ended up trading that one away around COVID times because ya know, everything was fucked. But very happy to have not one, but TWO ESP Alexis back in my stable and one of them being a Custom Shop is just the icing on the cake, although this one absolutely holds its own up against the CS and honestly it's not easy to tell the difference without looking at them. Very happy overall and I've got my pointy fix back in.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Dude YES! I love that you scored this. I spent so much time watching those Alexi instructional DVD’s as a teen and this as well as Pinky are amongst my favs for that reason.

I feel the same as you also being able to compare a standard to a custom Alexi. Besides some minor details they are of equal quality and playability. I have both mine set up in D and they both fight each other for my attention equally.

Super stoked for you to get this in your hands. Enjoy it!

Gonna leave it as is or drop an H2/MM04 in?

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Dude YES! I love that you scored this. I spent so much time watching those Alexi instructional DVD’s as a teen and this as well as Pinky are amongst my favs for that reason.

I feel the same as you also being able to compare a standard to a custom Alexi. Besides some minor details they are of equal quality and playability. I have both mine set up in D and they both fight each other for my attention equally.

Super stoked for you to get this in your hands. Enjoy it!

Gonna leave it as is or drop an H2/MM04 in?
Thanks man! I think I'm probably gonna swap the pickup out to something else, not a huge fan of the X2N but honestly not sure what I want to put in here yet. Part of me wants to keep it authentic and put an EMG back in but I also feel like there are some other options that would work well, thinking a Black Winter maybe. We'll see, for now it's fine, but I'm sure I'll get the itch eventually.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Thanks man! I think I'm probably gonna swap the pickup out to something else, not a huge fan of the X2N but honestly not sure what I want to put in here yet. Part of me wants to keep it authentic and put an EMG back in but I also feel like there are some other options that would work well, thinking a Black Winter maybe. We'll see, for now it's fine, but I'm sure I'll get the itch eventually.
Black winters always work well.

Hear me out:

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
You got this for 2K? I think that's an insane deal no matter the currency lol. Anything with the ESP logo, even Standard Series instruments, is going for crazy money now. If you'd told me you spent twice as much I would believe you.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
You got this for 2K? I think that's an insane deal no matter the currency lol. Anything with the ESP logo, even Standard Series instruments, is going for crazy money now. If you'd told me you spent twice as much I would believe you.
Would you believe I only paid $2500 for the Custom Shop one too? Crazy to think with what these are going for these days that I got both for under $5k total. But even crazier to think that I paid under $1k for the first one of these I had a few years ago. Wild times, wild times indeed lol

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Hell yeah!! Super hngd! What is up with SSO waking up to Alexi signatures recently? :lol: I love it.

I always found these so attractive. I always doubted my decision back when I had my white and black Alexi-600, but I never decided which I liked better!

A Pinky is definitely in my future, but I need to sort out my guitar priorities for the time being (still itching for an HSS 7-string with a tremt). For now I'll keep enjoying my Edwards E-Scythe!

Speaking of pickups, I have a BKP Holy Diver in mine with black battleworn covers. It looks and sounds absolutely MONSTROUS. Like it actually sounds so loud all over the frequency spectrum. The pickup nails the cocked wah tone Alexi used so much. Definitely recommend it.