NGD: ESP LTD Elite Eclipse-I (made in Japan) amazing guitar!

Guitarjon

Reaction score
I got rid of my Schecter C7 SLS Elite because for some reason I just didn't gell with it.
A guy wanted to trade it for his ESP LTD Elite Eclipse-I and I was in the need of a 'Lester' type guitar.

I'm really stoked about this guitar, it just oozes quality.
I do love my Korean LTD's a lot but there is just something about this guitar, I guess it's the made in japan thing.
The thing not only looks cool but the sound is very loud and resonant even when not plugged in.
There is a very cool quality to the attack of the notes because of this.
Really cuts like a Les Paul I guess but a little more refined.

The Seymour Duncans really finish of this guitar quite nicely, love me some JB in the bridge and 59 in the neck.
The 59 really has that classic LP neck pickup sound.
Punchy and glassy!

The neck is quite small for an Eclipse.
My other three Eclipses (EC1000T, Iron Cross and EC401b) all have slightly thicker necks with more 'shoulders', this one is a little more ergonomic I must say.
It's not super light but the body isn't really thick so I like the weight.
Don't like my guitars too light, not Eclipses anyway.

Anyhow, so I made a short 2 minute song to demo this guitar in a rock setting, matched with my Mesa Rectifier.
Sounds pretty cool!
Anyone else have an LTD Elite by the way? You don't see those often!

Last edited by a moderator:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Great sound clip, and congrats on the LTD Elite, sounds like you made a good trade!

I haven't played an LTD Elite but since they're essentially just an ESP SS/E-II with a different name, you're getting an awesome guitar (I've played SS and E-II eclipses). The LTD Elite name was definitely a poor choice, and I much prefer the E-II designation (considering ESP didn't want to do the Standard Series name any longer) over it.

Best thing about the LTD Elite's is that because the name was so unpopular you can get these for great prices, if you can find them.

I was looking at an E-II Eclipse and an LTD Elite Eclipse in 2018 but stumbled across an E-II Mystique (locally) that I got for a good price which I couldn't pass up.

Guitarjon

Reaction score
Great sound clip, and congrats on the LTD Elite, sounds like you made a good trade!

I haven't played an LTD Elite but since they're essentially just an ESP SS/E-II with a different name, you're getting an awesome guitar (I've played SS and E-II eclipses). The LTD Elite name was definitely a poor choice, and I much prefer the E-II designation (considering ESP didn't want to do the Standard Series name any longer) over it.

Best thing about the LTD Elite's is that because the name was so unpopular you can get these for great prices, if you can find them.

I was looking at an E-II Eclipse and an LTD Elite Eclipse in 2018 but stumbled across an E-II Mystique (locally) that I got for a good price which I couldn't pass up.

I agree about the name but luckily I don't mind for myself!
Glad I got such a killer guitar now!
Those Eclipses are just super cool in general, really love them.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
The LTD Elites are SS/EIIs so the improvement over the LTDs is merited. I owned two LTD Elites and some of my biggest regrets from selling gear over the year is that.
The name turned people off, but these are sleepers. There was a period where these were all selling in the $600s, but anyone who knows them knows how insane of a deal they are and you don’t see that much anymore.
Congrats on grabbing one!

Velokki

GAS station
Reaction score
Cool guitar!

Not sure about the LTD Elites as a whole, though. I used to work for a retailer that sold them, and I remember when we got the first shipment in 2013 or something. One of the three guitars had a finish flaw and two others had quite severely sharp frets. Like, I would've never bought them, when there were immaculate 1000-series LTDs available right next to them that were immaculate. No comment on the later LTD Elites, though. But that experience scared me off those forever.

Guitarjon

Reaction score
The LTD Elites are SS/EIIs so the improvement over the LTDs is merited. I owned two LTD Elites and some of my biggest regrets from selling gear over the year is that.
The name turned people off, but these are sleepers. There was a period where these were all selling in the $600s, but anyone who knows them knows how insane of a deal they are and you don’t see that much anymore.
Congrats on grabbing one!

Thanks!
I'm never getting rid of this one, it's just too perfect!

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Congrats!

Man I miss mine but the temptation to flip it was too hard to resist. I got mine for $250 and that was just the steal of the century :lol: I still love my ESP Eclipse though and that's literally what you have there.

Rodo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I got rid of my Schecter C7 SLS Elite because for some reason I just didn't gell with it.
A guy wanted to trade it for his ESP LTD Elite Eclipse-I and I was in the need of a 'Lester' type guitar.

I'm really stoked about this guitar, it just oozes quality.
I do love my Korean LTD's a lot but there is just something about this guitar, I guess it's the made in japan thing.
The thing not only looks cool but the sound is very loud and resonant even when not plugged in.
There is a very cool quality to the attack of the notes because of this.
Really cuts like a Les Paul I guess but a little more refined.

The Seymour Duncans really finish of this guitar quite nicely, love me some JB in the bridge and 59 in the neck.
The 59 really has that classic LP neck pickup sound.
Punchy and glassy!

The neck is quite small for an Eclipse.
My other three Eclipses (EC1000T, Iron Cross and EC401b) all have slightly thicker necks with more 'shoulders', this one is a little more ergonomic I must say.
It's not super light but the body isn't really thick so I like the weight.
Don't like my guitars too light, not Eclipses anyway.

Anyhow, so I made a short 2 minute song to demo this guitar in a rock setting, matched with my Mesa Rectifier.
Sounds pretty cool!
Anyone else have an LTD Elite by the way? You don't see those often!

I own an LTD Elite M-II in amber cherry sunburst, it’s probably the best built guitar I own! I bought it in 2013 when they came out at a music store in Mexico City, back then the dollar was around 13 Mexican pesos so guitars were way more affordable, I got it for around 13K pesos (1K USD) I consider myself lucky seeing that now at 23 pesos each US dollar now E-II guitars (1-1.5K USD) are around 30K pesos...
I got a steal for a top quality guitar, original Floyd Rose, Ebony fretboard and emg 81s
Btw did you swap your schecter for the eclipse at the same value or did you give away money to make up for the price or he did that for your guitar? Just curious, I recently got my first seven string and I switched a LTD V-200 for a Jackson JS-22 which came with stock pickups, I just upgraded them to emg 81 and 707