NGD ESP USA M-7

thejohnnewton

Reaction score
Introducing my new guitar, the ESP USA M-7 seven string!

4992B6C7-822C-411A-A2CB-B07634BA9F6E.jpeg
653E09F6-FC67-45BF-8A73-F6A1297EA2DE.jpeg
AAE230DA-C6DC-4059-A534-5276B539D370.jpeg
6F13269E-7E68-4AC3-BD0B-DBC0BD534478.jpeg

Attachments

• esp-usa-m7.jpg
    esp-usa-m7.jpg
    473 KB · Views: 5

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
I like the swirlys. The paint job I mean. Is that korina body or mahogany? Really nice looking.

Bastian93

Reaction score
:worth:̶p̶̶i̶̶c̶̶s̶ ... words I mean.

Happy NGD though, the finish looks stunning and I really dig the reverse headstocks on these.

thejohnnewton

Reaction score
Is there a way to have these NGD topics with both pics AND some words or it's plain no?

Totally possible. I was posting from an iPad sitting on the couch at my in-laws while they were playing some crazy Chinese card game (Chinese New Years tradition) that I don't have a clue on. So just thought I'd throw up some quick pics for fun. I actually don't have it in hand yet as they just finished it on Friday. I know the guys at ESP so they sent me pics as they were making it. What do you want to know?

I was going to add specs to the OP but I don't see an edit link on the OP post?

So this is an M-7 from the ESP USA shop. I had them build me an M-III in 2018 and really like it so I decided to replace my LTD 7 string Eclipse with this. I prefer the feel of an S style body shape (M in ESP speak) and the ESP USA build is outstanding. Also prefer this bridge to the TOM. The Eclipse was 26.5 scale vs. this at 25.5. I know the current trend is for longer scale or fanned but I'm way more comfortable on this scale. Just up the string gauge on the 7th and you're good.

My build got stuck behind some guitars for Kirk Hammett (the first ones the US shop has built him) and all their crazy one off NAMM guitars but once those were out of the way they got right to mine. Overall wait was about 7 months. My 6 build was a bit faster maybe 4-5 months.

I didn't really deviate from the normal USA ESP specs on this one other than you can't find this color choice on their online configurator. On my M-III 6 string I got them to do H-S-H pickup layout which they don't normally offer. The USA shop generally sticks to a list of pre-determined options. If you want to go nuts, and spend a fortune, creating your own spec in every last detail you really have to go with their Japan shop. You're probably also looking at a year plus build time.

ESP USA Specs
M-7 HARDTAIL

Bolt-On, 25.5” Scale, Mahogany Body, 3Pc Maple Neck, Ebony Fingerboard, 24 XJ Frets, Hipshot Hardtail Bridge w/ String Thru Body, Sperzel Locking Tuners, Seymour Duncan pickups, SH-5 bridge, SH-2 neck.

Last edited:

Zado

Reaction score
Totally possible. I was posting from an iPad sitting on the couch at my in-laws while they were playing some crazy Chinese card game (Chinese New Years tradition) that I don't have a clue on. So just thought I'd throw up some quick pics for fun. I actually don't have it in hand yet as they just finished it on Friday. I know the guys at ESP so they sent me pics as they were making it. What do you want to know?

I was going to add specs to the OP but I don't see an edit link on the OP post?

So this is an M-7 from the ESP USA shop. I had them build me an M-III in 2018 and really like it so I decided to replace my LTD 7 string Eclipse with this. I prefer the feel of an S style body shape (M in ESP speak) and the ESP USA build is outstanding. Also prefer this bridge to the TOM. The Eclipse was 26.5 scale vs. this at 25.5. I know the current trend is for longer scale or fanned but I'm way more comfortable on this scale. Just up the string gauge on the 7th and you're good.

My build got stuck behind some guitars for Kirk Hammett (the first ones the US shop has built him) and all their crazy one off NAMM guitars but once those were out of the way they got right to mine. Overall wait was about 7 months. My 6 build was a bit faster maybe 4-5 months.

I didn't really deviate from the normal USA ESP specs on this one other than you can't find this color choice on their online configurator. On my M-III 6 string I got them to do H-S-H pickup layout which they don't normally offer. The USA shop generally sticks to a list of pre-determined options. If you want to go nuts, and spend a fortune, creating your own spec in every last detail you really have to go with their Japan shop. You're probably also looking at a year plus build time.

ESP USA Specs
M-7 HARDTAIL

Bolt-On, 25.5” Scale, Mahogany Body, 3Pc Maple Neck, Ebony Fingerboard, 24 XJ Frets, Hipshot Hardtail Bridge w/ String Thru Body, Sperzel Locking Tuners, Seymour Duncan pickups, SH-5 bridge, SH-2 neck.
exactly what I wanted to hear. Kudos for such beauty!

Zado

Reaction score
Tbh i'd rather just have pics over someone's superfluous ramblings about some minute nitpicky details
Absolutely, but I like some kind of background story of the Instrument, and impressions as well of course, and I'm glad the OP delivered.
About the specific bulb episode, the guy probably felt like needing it, honestly to me it looked like move caused by frustration more than a "I'm cool, look at me" thing.