NGD: Fender Content

• Thread starter rahul_mukerji
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
So off late I've been selling off my guitars to kill my collection. Sold my LTD, Ibanez 7 stringer and recently my OLP (which I loved).

Anyway, I was browsing thru the local store which had this one day sale and I saw this one piece which I knew I had to try. A Fender in natural. I've been longing for a guitar with a natural look (some people like it, some don't) and this one just looked great.

I picked it up and played it and OMG it sounded awesome thru the tube amps. It was second hand a little beat up, but I kinda seem to like 2nd hand guitars now. For some reason, I feel they are safer to play and I don't get all teary eyed when i ding them somewhere or someone else does. It played like butter and sounded really nice and woody (maybe its the natural look). It was selling at a ridiculously low price for a USA Fender so I got it checked by some other luthiers and they said it was good. The Truss rod was fine and the frets and electronics were good. So were the springs.

Its a 2000 Fender Swamp Ash model. Someone swapped the Lace sensor pups for the Texas Special ones, me thinks. The guitar sounds a little hotter than a standard strat. I've played the Lace Sensor pups and was not happy with those. So I dont have any complains with respect to the swap.

So I picked it up. I sold 3 guitars and bought one great looking strat.

The Case ...
Picture 008.jpg

Inside the case .... picks and things
Picture 009.jpg

The Axe
Picture 005.jpg

The Axe with the Strap
Picture 006.jpg

More
Picture 007.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Headshot
Picture 004.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

itsallinmyh3ad

...Made me do it.
Reaction score
Wow! I'd definitely play the shit outta that guitar! Congrats man. It's beautiful.

Zahs

Hmm, Upgrades?
Reaction score
Wow, that is one fine looking strat, Congrats!!!!! In my opinion no other guitar will beat a USA fender strat for clean sounds, fender strat + vibrolux = win!

signalgrey

Ambiente Savante
Reaction score
love em or hate em strats are a staple.

i hate strats, i hate them because i they are so common, but i have no really good reason to hate them other than that. but i have an american strat because you should just have one in your arsenal for recording etc..

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
That thing is great looking! Personally I would change out the pickguard. I never really got on with those red tortoise shell-like ones. Slap on a white or black MOP one though and OM NOM NOM. :yesway:

Congratulations on the score!

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
Well, the pick guard was originally another colour as well, judging by the sites, but the person who swapped the pups swapped it out with the pick guard as well.

The statement about clean playing is absolutely true. Nothing sounds half as good as a Strat played clean. :agreed: