NGD Framus Panthera 7

• Thread starter stanguy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stanguy

Reaction score
And now for something a bit different... (aka, not your usual superstrat body)

I received a few weeks ago my Framus Panthera 7. It has a LP-style carved mahogany body, a "nirvana black" oil finish (which appears brownish on most pictures on the net but really is closer to black most of the time). I don't have a previous experience with other 7-string guitars, so I would only say that the neck is wide but not as much as I feared it could be and it is a bit flatter than a LP neck, which makes it quite comfortable nonetheless. Anyway, this isn't a shredder's guitar with its 25.5" scale length and 22 medium frets (don't try to play over the 19th fret, even though the joint neck access is nice).

The pickups are Seymour Duncan Blackouts and I really love the resulting sound, warm and powerful, with a great sustain. The middle switch position is amazingly twangy.

Other goodies are framus locking machineheads and warwick security locks.

Currently only have a pair of pictures (that I'm happy with) to show. Here you can see how brownish it can look:

4782898344_801e7b56ac.jpg

While it appears closer to black there:

4782903734_e2b47be885_z.jpg

It sounds good, it looks good, it feels good and I love it. (my reference axes are a JP6 and a Gibson LP Studio, if you wonder...). The only thing I would want to change is the pickup switch which is a just bit smaller than how I'd like it to be.

Cheers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

furywhip

Reaction score
Hey stanguy, thanks for the post. I just posted a thread with questions that you answered. I am getting ready to buy one after I liquidate some gear.

May I ask where you got yours from? The only U.S. dealer I found was in N.Y. and they only had the custom model. Which is way out of my range. I did find a couple overseas but I would feel more comfortable ordering in the states.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
^

I'm not sure he can help you with a dealer in the states; his listed location is Rennes, France. :lol:

Finding a Framus in the states is quite tricky. They haven't had official distribution here in a couple of years. You are almost certainly going to have to buy from an international dealer and have it shipped here.

Or get lucky and find one on eBay, like I did with my Diablo. :cool: :lol:

furywhip

Reaction score
^

I'm not sure he can help you with a dealer in the states; his listed location is Rennes, France. :lol:

Finding a Framus in the states is quite tricky. They haven't had official distribution here in a couple of years. You are almost certainly going to have to buy from an international dealer and have it shipped here.

Or get lucky and find one on eBay, like I did with my Diablo. :cool: :lol:

Kind of glossed right over that info. That's my adult a.d.d. kicking in! :nuts:

Yeah, I think I will have to just go ahead and buy from the dealers I found over there. I was only apprehensive because of past experiences with purchases overseas. About 2 months ago I bought a shirt from the U.K. and 1 week later someone went on a shopping spree in the U.K with my card number and emptied my checking account. It could be a coincidence, but it still seems fishy.

Status
Not open for further replies.