NGD - Gio Beater Content

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
So i picked up an Ibanez Gio off craigslist yesterday. I had a Gibson Burstbucker pickup laying around and needed something to put it in. Originally offered $50 for the guitar but when i saw the shape it was in, which was a rusty mess, had to go $30. After a $5 trip to the hardware store for some replacement screws and some TLC here's the finished product (actually i have 2 more screws to replace)...grand total - $35 + traded stock AH3/4 Ibanez 7 string pickups for the burstbucker.

IMG_20120611_181000.jpg

gio.jpg

IMG_20120611_181015.jpg

Yup, it's a Gio, but hey a guitar is a guitar. The burstbucker sounds decent in there, the other pickups are rubbish, but don't sound too offensive. I may give this to my daughter if she shows interest in guitar, but for now i kinda like the green finish.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Don Vito

Reaction score
I like the finish.

My friend has a burstbucker in one of his guitars. Good pup for classic rock and blues.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies, did a full setup on it last night, it's a decent player as it sits now. Gonna try a couple songs with it next band practice.