NGD GOC Vajra

• Thread starter yellowv
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
So I've been hearing a lot about how current GOCs are better than Strandberg at a fraction the the cost. I finally just said F it and ordered one. I have to say I'm blown away. The build quality is fantastic. Great fretwork. Sounds and plays fantastic. Plus the specs are pretty awesome. Ash body, micarta neck with an angular profile that mimics wenge, Richlite board, SS frets, luminlays, etc. Really impressed.

https://i.postimg.cc/SQWftnjN/20231010-18325
3.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ian540s

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Very cool lookin'! I've never heard of a micarta neck. I would be interested to see how it holds up.
GOC doesn't do anything headless with trems, do they?

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Very cool lookin'! I've never heard of a micarta neck. I would be interested to see how it holds up.
GOC doesn't do anything headless with trems, do they?
Yeah I don't know if anyone else does a micarta neck, but micarta is a strong and stable composite. It looks and feels like wenge. They do have trem models as well.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
This is the only design of theirs that does anything for me. Love the color, too.

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but does this one have their version of the Endurneck as well?

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
This is the only design of theirs that does anything for me. Love the color, too.

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but does this one have their version of the Endurneck as well?
Their strat is reallllllly close to being cool looking, but agreed. This model is the only good looking one to me.

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
This is sick, so I went to their website and - look, I know this isn't a big deal, but I guess it tickles some pet peeve of mine - why are all the guitars displayed upside down when you're looking through all of the models?

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
This is sick, so I went to their website and - look, I know this isn't a big deal, but I guess it tickles some pet peeve of mine - why are all the guitars displayed upside down when you're looking through all of the models?
I thought about it a bit...kind of looks like the angle you'd see with it on your lap and looking down at it? Maybe trying to show the playing view?

Edit: ehhhh I just looked at what you meant and mayyyybe my theory still holds some water, but it's not really playing position is it?

Last edited:

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
This was $725 plus shipping from China. It's a heck of a lot of guitar for the money. It does have an angular neck profile, but it's much different than an edurneck. Thinner with a bit of a V profile on one side.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man, that looks cool as fuck. Great color choice. Congrats!

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
SUPER DOPE!

Something about the Vajra shape is just ridiculously cool, especially in these 'sandblasted' ash finishes where the grain really pops.

I love my GOC Materia+ 8. Beyond impressed when I unboxed it and plugged it in to find out it sounds ridiculously good as well--supposedly the pickups in the last year or two have been hand-wound, which is another ridiculous value on top of the very high build quality and fit/finish.

Ben Pinkus

Reaction score
Our guitarist has one, and they are really really solid for the price, and easy platforms to change pickups etc if you wanted.

dirtool

Reaction score
Looks nice, but I wonder when it will sued by strandberg.