NGD:Guerilla Massacre w/BKP "Aftermaths"

• Thread starter BIGRIGG
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BIGRIGG

Reaction score
Hey everyone, here is my new spawn of Satan (aka Kosta) from Guerilla:

Massacre Gash Fade to Black, Gloss Finish
27 inch scale / Original Floyd Rose / Sperzel Tuners
BKP Aftermaths Calibrated Set
Basswood body, Ebony fingerboard

The company (owner/builder Kosta) was a pleasure to deal with and made an awesome guitar for me. His communication was great and he was very helpful and honest in making the custom choices. Build time was approx. 14 weeks to finish. Shipped right to my front door in it's killer camo case and nicely packaged. You can see the clouds and grass in the finish of the guitar in the pictures.

Please feel free to ask any questions and I will try my best to answer asap. One note, the fret access to the 23/24th fret is a bit tough BUT that is due to the 27" scale AND Kosta will make the cutout different to accomodate if you are so inclined. This is not a "flaw."

Thanks and I hope you enjoy!!

MassacreAug2011006.jpg

MassacreAug2011004.jpg

MassacreAug2011012.jpg

MassacreAug2011003.jpg

MassacreAug2011014.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Very cool!
congrats!:hbang:
I wa playing Nicks at the Axe-Palace today, man the necks on these are really sweet:yesway:

orakle

djentleman
Reaction score
looks so nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and ye for the access, its just cause he set the first fret at the same position you play a standard scale, feels very natural for rhytmn but can be annoying for lead

mountainjam

Reaction score
That might be my favorite guerilla so far. Congrats buddy

Baco

Banned
Reaction score
Very nice! Doesn't make waiting for mine easier though :lol:

rippedflesh89

Reaction score
man the necks on these are really sweet:yesway:

explain please... what makes them so sweet?

every canadian guitar i have ever played has always been quite nice... they seem to be up to par w/american and japanese guitars IMO... i think these guitars look pretty awesome and the fact that they do customs is a plus... but id like to know a little more about the feel of the neck

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
explain please... what makes them so sweet?

every canadian guitar i have ever played has always been quite nice... they seem to be up to par w/american and japanese guitars IMO... i think these guitars look pretty awesome and the fact that they do customs is a plus... but id like to know a little more about the feel of the neck

I've played 3 of these so far (all at the Axe palace)
the ones I've played all had a very nice back shape to them . the Carve
on 2 of them was a very shallow D , very much like the shredder profile Bernie uses, the other one had a bit of a flatter backshape to it more like an Ibanez UV neck shape. When I picked up each one of them there was no "I need to get used to this" period at all, I felt very much at home on all 3 of them as soon as I picked them up.
The build quality on each one of them looked great, they felt solid, and the fretworke looked perfect on all 3 of them.
As I stated above I was playing Nicks yesterday and I was again impressed by how "comfy" these monsters feel in your hands.
they have a great "playability" to them.
Does that help?

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Looks great man!

Edit: just read your description, thanks! Similar to a Caparison shape but thinner like a wizard?
yes you could say that. I've only played one Caparison 7 (again at the Axe Palace) and it thought the neck was a little thicker on the Caparison than the Guerilla, but similar back shape.