NGD: Hold the onions

• Thread starter Hollowway
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
As soon as I saw this guitar I went online to buy it from Sweetwater. There were only 100 they were doing, and they were all spoken for, so I got on the waitlist, in case anyone bailed when they actually came in. (They were all preorders last year.). Fast forward to now, and my rep told me they had a number of B stocks available, so I got one. I cannot see the mark that supposedly makes it a B stock, which is awesome. (And sweetwater would ping me every couple of months to tell me where I was in the queue, which was some cool customer service!)

The thing that made me want one of this was 1) the banana HS, 2) the top mount Floyd (it’s a 1000) and the direct mount pup (no ring - whoohoo!).

My first guitar ever was a Kramer. Then I sold that to my singer’s brother, and bought a second Kramer. And I used that in every band, and for 15 years. So this is a big of nostalgia for me, too.

It’s ridiculous and I love it!

IMG_9051.jpegIMG_9052.jpegIMG_9054.jpegIMG_9055.jpeg

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
I knew exactly what it was when I saw the title. I had one in my cart for awhile. These new MII Kramers have all been great - I think I have 7 now. This one looks similar to the Strike First model I bought which is a shredder’s dream. Congrats!

JDB123

Newb Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I remember seeing these on Sweetwater and thinking "who the hell is going to buy one of these", but I kind of dig it now.

The ketchup Kramer logo is very fun too. Congrats on the NGD!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
That thing is awesome.

That is the traditional shape. It was sort of like a mullet: normal dimensions on the bottom, Dinky dimensions on the top.

I thought Nuno had a Jackson where the top half was attacked with a belt sander to get to more of a Dinky shape.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
That thing is awesome.

That is the traditional shape. It was sort of like a mullet: normal dimensions on the bottom, Dinky dimensions on the top.

I thought Nuno had a Jackson where the top half was attacked with a belt sander to get to more of a Dinky shape.
Took me longer to find, but yeah here's a pic of that Nuno guitar. It's more (wait for it) Extreme than the Kramer shape but I think it's the same idea
1709422119336.jpeg

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Okay but onions definitely belong on any decent hot dog.
You know, I actually hesitated on the thread title, because I do love me a crap ton of diced onions on my ‘dog, as well. It’s all I can do to make it out of Costco without being lured to the food court be the Siren song of the diced onions in the metal bin with the crank handle, lol.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
I like it.

Is it the photo angle or is there a bit more fret real estate on the treble side than the bass? That could be the "b stock" reason if so.