NGD: Ibanez JBM27 aka reverse headstock RGA7 perfection

• Thread starter kevdes93
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Relinquish69

Reaction score
Those fret ends look so good. Ibanez does maintain a certain standard when it comes to their fret work. The cutaway at the bottom horn looks real sleek too

charlessalvacion

Reaction score
How do you find the trem? overall features looks great, except I dont have any experience with the Edge Zero trem, but thats a lovely guitar.

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
I like the trem, I keep it floating but I might block it eventually. The only thing I'd change is the string clamps, they're in kind of an odd T shape and I'd prefer the little blocks (but that's very minor) it's very stable and responsive and setting it up was pretty easy.
I've almost always had hardtail guitars and wanted to really sink my teeth into getting familiar and comfortable with a tremolo and I made a good choice

TheRileyOBrien

Reaction score
I like the trem, I keep it floating but I might block it eventually. The only thing I'd change is the string clamps, they're in kind of an odd T shape and I'd prefer the little blocks (but that's very minor) it's very stable and responsive and setting it up was pretty easy.
I've almost always had hardtail guitars and wanted to really sink my teeth into getting familiar and comfortable with a tremolo and I made a good choice

I'd agree with this. It is not a bad trem at all. Better than most in my opinion. Feels good and holds tune well.

Back when these edge zeros first came out I thought "Oh cool, they designed the blocks so they won't fall out(and disappear) when the strings are removed." Turns out that isn't the case. They work the same as the floyd and edge trems but just happen to be a different shape :nuts:

I am still really enjoying my JBM27. I've had it over a month now and can't find anything to complain about.

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
Same, really enjoying mine. Literally the only complaint is have is that I'm wearing through the satin finish in spots but that's not a knock against the guitar, that's just the nature of satin finishes

gabofrison

Reaction score
The only thing I'm hesitant about is the bridge. I can't find proper tutorials of setting up for that bridge. How do you find it guys?

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score

^
It's a good trem, nothing to worry about

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Same, really enjoying mine. Literally the only complaint is have is that I'm wearing through the satin finish in spots but that's not a knock against the guitar, that's just the nature of satin finishes

I hear you. I have the same thing happening on my RGD2127, and even though I am usually super-OCD about my guitars, for some reason this does not seem to bother me as I see it as normal wear of that particular finish.

espdna

Reaction score
i usually don't like reverse headstocks but the ibanez reverse is ....ing sweeeeeeet. congratulations!!!

TheRileyOBrien

Reaction score
The only thing I'm hesitant about is the bridge. I can't find proper tutorials of setting up for that bridge. How do you find it guys?

Set up is just like any other edge/floyd bridge. If you get one and have questions let me know and I can help you out.

Thorerges

Reaction score
Have to say the indonesian JBM models have really, really grown on me. Love the black finish - looks like a real death metal guitar. Curious to hear what everyone thinks about the playability, definitely looking forward to trying one of these out!!