NGD: Ibanez LACS RG7

• Thread starter Albake21
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Please note: I am not saying their name on purpose. While he did confirm his sales rep knows about him selling his guitars, I still would like to keep his name off this post. If you know who this belongs to, please keep it to yourself.

Over the weekend, one of my dreams had come true. I was fortunate enough to meet up with one of my favorite guitar players and buy one of his Ibanez LACS guitars. This is basically an RG1527z, spec wise. The pickups were replaced with a set of Seymour Duncan JB/59 which surprisingly... sounds phenomenal! I might have to try this combo in another guitar.

I will say it is a bit beat up, and definitely needs some cleaning when I get the time, but this guitar does have a lot of history to it. It was toured a lot and used on previous records. He also signed the backplate which I took off for now. I need to find the right way to keep it in tact. Maybe put a clear coat over it?

23wtpu0.jpg

2a4s8qp.jpg

1z57tvp.jpg

2wcqzom.jpg

2uxxslw.jpg

2q04npu.jpg

9a5u80.jpg

zarg

Reaction score
Sick guitar man! Love the simple look.

Maybe put a clear coat over it?

I got the backplate on my RG signed as well and simply put clearcoat over it, about 4-5 coats to make sure it'll last. Been there for almost a year now, no signs of them fading or wiping away at all.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Love it. I especially like the maple veneer over the headstock. Easily one of my favorite RG7s that I’ve seen.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Sick guitar man! Love the simple look.

I got the backplate on my RG signed as well and simply put clearcoat over it, about 4-5 coats to make sure it'll last. Been there for almost a year now, no signs of them fading or wiping away at all.
Did it cause any issues with it not fitting anymore? Wont the clear coat make the sides too thick?

goobaba

Reaction score
Nice! I have mixed feelings about Ibby's with pick guards but this one looks great.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Nice! I have mixed feelings about Ibby's with pick guards but this one looks great.

I used to be, but I've recently started to like them a lot more. I just bought an RG655 and I might plan on doing my own project with an RG1527 with a refinish and pick guard.

Here is the one i got.

That's beautiful! Love the white and 3 piece neck.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Not big on pickguard Ibanii but LACS is always cool. Looks like it's in great shape for having some miles on it, too.
HNGD! I can only imagine the mojo that comes with having a custom from one of your favorite artists. I'd be jamming all day.

Aaron

Reaction score
Is that bridge recessed? From the pics it looks like it would be hard to adjust the height.

Its recessed but I've never had to adjust it. Its set up just how i like it. This is honestly my favorite bridge, i find it the most comfortable and simple.