NGD! Ibanez RG2027X! Gas finally fulfilled!

SlipknotKoRnfan

Burn Jet Fuel
Reaction score
HEY GUYS. Soo I have wanted this guitar for a very long time now. Ever since I saw that Wes Borland video of him showcasing the piezo system on his RG7-CST I knew I had to have one. I fell in love with this guitar after browsing endlessly online about it. It was only made for a little over a year as far as I know so they're "kinda" rare. I had one on eBay last December for a good price, but the seller flopped and I lost out. (Thankfully so, that one was pretty beat up.) Then I got a PM here about a used 2027X for a similar price in way better condition (pretty good, at that) so I snatched it right away! 3 weeks later she has arrived! I haven't had much time to play it so I don't have a good review yet. Only mods are a Seymour Duncan in the bridge, although I have no idea what SD model it is, and I pulled it out and still can't tell, and there's a big brass block in the trem, and I put Schaller strap locks on it. I plan on doing the KJG mod as soon as I get a switch.

All I can say right now is I am beyond pleased. 7 strings, mahogany body, a Lo-Pro 7 with piezo pups, Vintage Violin finish...what is there not to love? :wub:

TL;DR: This guitar is unreal and here are pics!

Thanks guys :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Michael T

Sea Turtles mate
Contributor
Reaction score
Great score.

Been trying to track one down myself at an affordable price but good condition.

Very awesome guitar man, enjoy.

slapnutz

Reaction score
Nice man! I remember you hunting around for it when I was scanning for piezo topics on SS.org. :p I've been looking out for an RG2127x version model which is just as hard to find.

I definitely understand the attraction to these discontinued guitars and the piezo systems. Unfortunately not being in NA, its harder to find one people are willing to ship.

Now go and learn to play Changes of Seasons by Dream Theater!

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
If you ever sell this thing, then I am calling dibs right now. I would do terrible things for one of these.

Congrats and happy NGD!

SlipknotKoRnfan

Burn Jet Fuel
Reaction score
Great score.

Been trying to track one down myself at an affordable price but good condition.

Very awesome guitar man, enjoy.

Haha yeah it wasn't too easy. I admit I was only seriously searching since about December, so it only took a couple of months or so to find a good condition one for cheap. I found that putting up a WTB thread in the forum here is a gold ticket! I got both my K-7 and this guitar in that manner. Some people have guitars that they "think" they wanna sell so when they see the ad it persuades them to do so

Reaction score
Haha yeah it wasn't too easy. I admit I was only seriously searching since about December, so it only took a couple of months or so to find a good condition one for cheap. I found that putting up a WTB thread in the forum here is a gold ticket! I got both my K-7 and this guitar in that manner. Some people have guitars that they "think" they wanna sell so when they see the ad it persuades them to do so

Nice tip here, will look into it in the future...