NGD Ibanez RG7420 SBF

• Thread starter awake69
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

awake69

Reaction score
Ever get one of those deals that are just too good to be true? This was actually a used buy at GC. Everything is practically brand new (including the case).

Anyhoo...on to the pics.
3f1vyjH.jpg

yfrapgX.jpg

3stFq0u.jpg

NU8B1Yt.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stretcher7

Reaction score
With case AND upgraded pickups? Nice!:metal:

Used so what did you pay? If you don't mind me asking...

awake69

Reaction score
With case AND upgraded pickups? Nice!:metal:

Used so what did you pay? If you don't mind me asking...

The pickups are actually stock, but the Quantums aren't half bad. I actually got this for $349. It still had all the hang tags and case candy included. I mean this is a NEW guitar. I always feel a bit bad for the person that must have been so desperate for cash to sell this to GC at such a low price. I say new because I'm pretty sure this finish is a late 15 or new to 16 model finish.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I love the look of these. Almost pulled the trigger on a similar looking S- something-or-other a while ago. :yesway:

Reaction score
Swap that floyd for a Graphtech one with the ghost system and you'll have an RG2027X clone... or something similar...

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Model number on the back of the headstock should give you an idea of how recent it is.
Looks kill though man. The vaneer on that one is super nice.

stretcher7

Reaction score
The pickups are actually stock, but the Quantums aren't half bad. I actually got this for $349. It still had all the hang tags and case candy included. I mean this is a NEW guitar. I always feel a bit bad for the person that must have been so desperate for cash to sell this to GC at such a low price. I say new because I'm pretty sure this finish is a late 15 or new to 16 model finish.

Good score then for sure

Tr3vor

Reaction score
HNGD, these seem to be like the 7421pb with a trem.

I've only seen them on ibanez's website this year. To find that for that price like that is a pretty nice score.

I think Ibanez is trolling me, I got a 7421pb and love it, now there dangling one with a trem in my face. I must resist!

awake69

Reaction score
HNGD, these seem to be like the 7421pb with a trem.

I've only seen them on ibanez's website this year. To find that for that price like that is a pretty nice score.

I think Ibanez is trolling me, I got a 7421pb and love it, now there dangling one with a trem in my face. I must resist!

I've been eyeing the walnut finished model, but must resist!! I'm now thinking of throwing a Crunch Lab in the bridge, or maybe a Blaze.

lewis

Reaction score
let me guess the headstock is gloss black?........... :wallbash:

If it had the awesome same blue finish up there too I would of bought one of these. So tired of companies not colour matching and I honestly dont understand why

Petar Bogdanov

Reaction score
let me guess the headstock is gloss black?........... :wallbash:

If it had the awesome same blue finish up there too I would of bought one of these. So tired of companies not colour matching and I honestly dont understand why

For the same reason all Indos have a Wizard-II neck. ;)

awake69

Reaction score
Congrats, it looks awesome. How does that DL trem feel?

It feels very similar to the LO-TRS bridges that used to come standard with the lower to midrange Ibbys in the 90s/early 2000s, before the Edge III days. It's your basic licensed Floyd type that does the job as well as need be.

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
I did think it looked pretty much the same as the Lo-TRS to my eye. I think that one got an unfairly bad rep.