NGD: Ibanez RG752LWFX-AGB

Metropolis

Reaction score
I was having a gas for an Ibanez and saw this on local used guitars site, so I got it for kind of early 30th birthday gift to myself. This is quite low key classy looking guitar and looks don't scream "metal" too much, which I like sometimes.

Body is made of basswood with limba veneer and there is a matching headstock. Nice grain on the rosewood fretboard, maple/wenge Wizard 7 neck is very smooth as usual. Overall feels as a Prestige should, action is nice and low. Bridge pickup has been changed to DiMarzio Evolution 7, stock Paf 7 still in the neck.

I'm thinking this needs couple of mods; Hipshot Ibby HM bridge and some other pickups.

20201020-IMG-0616.jpg

20201020-IMG-0612.jpg

20201020-IMG-0603.jpg

20201020-IMG-0604.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FitRocker33

My tone is tighter than my hamstrings
Reaction score
Feck, that’s one of the older models I was looking for myself. Nice find congrats! A set of zebra bobbin pickups would look tasty in that. Just sayin’

Metropolis

Reaction score
Feck, that’s one of the older models I was looking for myself. Nice find congrats! A set of zebra bobbin pickups would look tasty in that. Just sayin’

Thanks to you and everyone else! I was thinking about zebras too, or just plain white bobbins. Pickups with covers would look nice too, but it's safer to get something without them. Pickups and bridge change would definetly do a very nice face lift on this.

TrevorT

Reaction score
Very nice!! Does Hipshot make their hardware in cosmo black? Or would you just go for the normal black bridge? As a side note, I feel like I'm the only person who actually prefers the Gibraltar Standard II over the Hipshot Ibby HM lol.

Metropolis

Reaction score
Very nice!! Does Hipshot make their hardware in cosmo black? Or would you just go for the normal black bridge? As a side note, I feel like I'm the only person who actually prefers the Gibraltar Standard II over the Hipshot Ibby HM lol.

They don't, so it's black if bridge is going to be changed. I think Hipshot has better materials, but it's more a matter of taste and a feel thing which one you might prefer.

FitRocker33

My tone is tighter than my hamstrings
Reaction score
I’ve had guitars with both the Hipshot bridge and the Gibraltar II and frankly I hear NO difference in tone of a negative nature with the Gibraltar. I would dare say the Gibraltar saddles have an edge in the comfort department because they are so rounded off and smooth. As much as I love Hipshot parts, I think it’d be a waste of money on this particular guitar

bzhang9

Reaction score
Gibralter is more comfortable, Hipshot marketing gimmick hard at work

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Beautiful!!
I remember really wanting one of these when they were first released. Based on your pics, it makes me want one all over again, super bad, lol.

Congrats!

Metropolis

Reaction score
Beautiful!!
I remember really wanting one of these when they were first released. Based on your pics, it makes me want one all over again, super bad, lol.

Congrats!

Thanks a bunch! Actually these pop to used market quite often if you want to grab one (at least what I've seen in Finland and Europe), but it's still not the most common model for sure. This one is made in year 2018, which is the last year before it got discontinued.

silbbu

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That's my old guitar! I bought it new in november 2018 and later had that bridge pickup changed. (Serial ends 67 right?) Great guitar, I got more into 6-stringers so it had to make way for other guitars.

A beautiful and easy to play instrument.

Metropolis

Reaction score
That's my old guitar! I bought it new in november 2018 and later had that bridge pickup changed. (Serial ends 67 right?) Great guitar, I got more into 6-stringers so it had to make way for other guitars.

A beautiful and easy to play instrument.

Yeah, it's same guitar :) Easiest playing sevenstring I've had.