NGD! Ibanez RG7621 first 7 string

• Thread starter WillVilla
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WillVilla

Reaction score
Hello! I wanted to share my recent acquisition It's an Ibanez rg7621. It came a little beat up with the front finish sanded off, and I figured it would be great to do a refinish on. I ended up just painting the front where it had been sanded off originally, leaving the black on the back and sides. I usually prefer a matching colored body and headstock, but with the black sides and back, I think the headstock is fine.
I also put in some crunch lab and liquifier pickups.
It plays great and I couldn't be happier with this guitar. It's my first 7 string guitar, and my 3rd Ibanez.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    985.3 KB · Views: 107

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WillVilla

Reaction score
Having trouble posting more than one pic, but here is the original

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    777.8 KB · Views: 64

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Wow, that could be my old 7421! I've kinda been wondering where this went. I stripped the whole thing and tung oiled it (including the headstock...) so, if so, someone did some work on it again.

Do you have any more pictures of it pre-green?

WillVilla

Reaction score
Sure, however this is a 7621. It has the triangular pickup routes, minus the bridge pickup side, the previous owner had a carvin pickup installed, so it had to be widened on one side. Plud it's stamped on both neck and body. It has original black paint on the headstock, and back and sides of the body.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    894.5 KB · Views: 31

WillVilla

Reaction score
Still not sure why I can't post multiple pics in one post, lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    883.4 KB · Views: 29

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Yup, definitely not. I had picked it up bright racing orange and was going to stripe it, but the person turned out to have done a horrible job on it. In sanding it down to repaint I found a pretty sweet veneer under it that resembled that one.

HNGD! That's a rad shade of green.

Ancient

Astronaught
Reaction score
Is that a metal flake green?? Love the color. I was thinking of refinishing my rg in a olive drab green.

WillVilla

Reaction score
Thanks all! So for the paint, I picked up a can of primer from autozone, did a couple coats with that, spot filled all divots etc.. then I picked up a small can of lime green testors laquer from Micheals. Then clear coated with Watco clear laquer. Let it dry for a week, and got impatient and reassembled... I might get around to wet sanding and buffing later, but I have band practice, and I cant stop playing this thing, lol

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
Still not sure why I can't post multiple pics in one post, lol.

I think it's because the SS image attachment feature goes by picture size (not dimensions) rather than quantity. Probably to prevent bots and annoying bungholes from wrecking the entire forum by attaching fifty of those ultra high-rez space photos to a single post.

edit: And to expand on that, you can see the total space for allowed attachments when you post. Since you're posting rather huge images you're going to run out fairly quickly, so I suggest you just move them all off-site (to Imgur, for instance) and hotlink them.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I think it's because the SS image attachment feature goes by picture size (not dimensions) rather than quantity. Probably to prevent bots and annoying bungholes from wrecking the entire forum by attaching fifty of those ultra high-rez space photos to a single post.

10k by 10k Goomba or Awesomeface or bust :lol:

WillVilla

Reaction score
Ah okay thank you! I've been uploading these from my phone, but I'm going to try imgur, and post some better pics later!

WillVilla

Reaction score
A8hFF5Q.jpg