NGD: Ibanez RGA7ALPA

• Thread starter SFW
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SFW

Reaction score
So, I rejoined the seven-string club. Haven't owned one for about 20 years now. It's funny how I used to really struggle with the extra string messing my vision of the fret board up and now it doesn't bother me at all. Just have to remember that there is an extra sting to mute...lol! I am very impressed with the workmanship of the instrument. The hardware is very nice, and the pickups will not require an upgrade. If I had to complain about anything it's the glowing side dots. They don't glow for very long. Maybe five minutes. Not a deal breaker since it's the only guitar I own that has this feature, but it would have been nice if they glowed for longer.

Overall, it's a stunning guitar to look at.

RGD7ALPA.jpg

SFW

Reaction score
Congrats! One of the few burls of theirs that I don't mind.

Did those come with Aftermaths?

Yes, it comes stock with the BKP Aftermaths. I think they complement the tone of the guitar very well.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gh0styboi

El Stressperado
Reaction score
Dope guitar, man. These Axion Labels are really nicer than I thought they'd be. I've got the multi-scale version - the ALMS, and it's crazy what you get for the sticker price.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sick and happy ngd! Are those "real" luminlays (not to knock 'em if they're not)? I don't pay attention to mine much, but I used a handheld UV light charger and got some good results on a different RGD.

DocBach

Reaction score
Looks good! I almost picked one up myself this week but ended up going with a Jackson Concept model that was on sale for the same price but made in Korea and had a heel mounted truss adjustment

First experience with Jackson, hopefully it was a good choice