NGD: Ibanez S1620FB(... I think)

Snork

Reaction score
Got this baby on EvilBay. Needs some new pickups badly. I'd love suggestions for pick ups! Versatility is a must. Everything from minimalistic Jazz to thrashy, evil death metal.

So, on to the pictures! (Again, by my girlfriend)

IMG_1646.jpg

Mmmm, yummy.

IMG_1662.jpg

IMG_1661.jpg

IMG_1654.jpg

IMG_1652.jpg

IMG_1667.jpg

IMG_1671.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

IMG_1674.jpg

IMG_1679.jpg

IMG_1694.jpg

IMG_1683.jpg

And that's all I got. Assume expense isn't a factor when making pickup recommendations. (Even though it really is :lol:)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
I just sold one loaded with EMGs. One of the best feeling guitars I've ever owned. Truly a work of art man, congrats! May I recommend sticking with passive pickups (hot) instead of actives though. Maybe some Bareknuckles?

IMG_0105.JPG

shanejohnson02

Hammer of the Gods
Reaction score
I have no experience with BKP's (although I'm going to change that someday), the ol' standby Petrucci set will get you what you want. I have a set in my DC727, and an RG2EX1 I modded the hell out of. They get into just about any musical territory you want.

Speaking of, small sidetrack: Does anyone else think the Air Norton or Liquifire are great jazz pickups? They sound so fat and rich.

Snork

Reaction score
I wouldn't dare through EMGs into this baby. I hadvethe 7 string set as far as the Petrucci sets go. They're really great, and I agree that the Liquifire is great as far as Jazz goes (or what passes as Jazz as far as I'm concerned)

I'll keep that in mind though, thanks. Bareknuckles are obviously the first choice here, but I've been scouring youtube for demos and have come up short of a good video to judge by. Nolly's vids are pretty good, I guess. But yeah. Thanks guys. The neck is absolute sex.

Cheers!