RIP to my pupper dog

• Thread starter Crungy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JDB123

Newb Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Nothing feels like their presence does around us. Our feelings for pets are so unique because they're our daily (and nightly) companions. There’s this level of trust and understanding we develop between each other, a secret language. A dog will never lie to you, they'll never cheat you or hurt your feelings. You're the center of their world. And they become a major part of yours.

Lucy looks like she was a sweet and intelligent girl. A whole universe exists behind those eyes. I hope it helps to know she’s free of any pain or suffering now, and your love shepherded her through.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
... ah man, sad news indeed... was she ill? why did you have to put her down?

... imortalize her with a song...?
Yes, she became very ill in a short amount of time. There was an extremely large tumor/mass on her right side in her abdomen that was pushing her organs to the side. They also suspected internal bleeding in the mass as well. Due to the size of the mass and her age, surgery would have been too risky.

It was a difficult decision to make, but if we didn't do it today she would have had other complications and suffered longer.

I was playing guitar today to clear my head and I was thinking about writing a song for her. It might come to me easier in time, my head isn't totally clear today.

gnoll

Reaction score
:(

It sounds like Lucy was a great dog, and lucky to have a great family. Wishing you well!!

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
My deepest condolences man :( that's devastating...
We got our first dog last year, and I can't fathom the day he's not around anymore, and already struggle to remember what things were like before he was around.

I hope you and your family cope with Lucy's loss positively. All the best Mr. Crungy.
Fortunately, we're still gonna be around making 22 page threads and stuff if you need a distraction. :)

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My deepest condolences man :( that's devastating...
We got our first dog last year, and I can't fathom the day he's not around anymore, and already struggle to remember what things were like before he was around.

I hope you and your family cope with Lucy's loss positively. All the best Mr. Crungy.
Fortunately, we're still gonna be around making 22 page threads and stuff if you need a distraction. :)

It's part of the deal when you have a pet, you love them like any human member of your family, and it hurts when they're gone.

Thank you and everyone else for the kind words and thoughts, I really appreciate it. Our family will be okay, just a little sad for a while. We still have two other dogs that are closer in age that barring any health issues should be around for a long time.

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
I'm sorry for your loss, bud. It fucking sucks, but just remind yourself that you gave her a good fuckin life for 12 years. It won't fix how you feel, but I think it helped me come to grips with both of my cats passing away a couple years ago. Much love to you.