(NGD) IK Multimedia AXE I/O

• Thread starter Descent
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Descent

Reaction score
After some band turbulence I decided that I just need a simple interface that will let me record 2 channels at a time and not upgrade to a bigger, better and more expensive multitracking solution but got me a new Mesa instead :)

So ended up getting the Axe I/O (not the Axe Fx lol).

Super happy so far - great preamps, clean and the guitar recording option (JFET) adds a nice layer of grit to heavy guitars, especially cool as it lifted the wool off of my 7 string Jackson.

Some quirks:
1. The audio driver software tries to continuously look for updates and kinda brow beats you into updating. The damn thing is working well right now, can't you just leave it alone so I can record? Hopefully there is a way to disable that or I'll just slap an exception in my firewall to disallow that program to access the web.
2. Phantom power is turned on via the software, which is super weird and first time I see on an interface so far.

Haven't installed all the plugins that come with it but I can definitely use the upgrade to Amplitube 4 Max. I wasn't happy with their cab modeling in ver. 3 and went my own way by loading cabs after Amplitube but who knows, might work better now.

Another cool feature on this interface is that it has a built in reamp box, so I can just pipe out my input on one channels to an amp and capture that back with the 2nd channel via a mic. Super cool, but haven't used it yet.

Another thing that I really liked - they could build it in Italy and do it for the price. It looks good, plays good and so far I am super happy.

Here are the first clips I recorded with it, in case you want to check out:
https://soundcloud.com/scrollkeeper/sets/mesa-boogie-5-50-express-plus

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.