NGD (im new here)

• Thread starter Xain138776
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xain138776

Reaction score
Got this yesterday!!! been playing it for like 17 hours straight my right arm has a rash from the guitar rubbing against it LOL!!!:shred:

Ive only played six strings so this is my first extended range guitar but i took to it quit easy

anyways im having problems finding strings for this puppy if anyone has any suggestions LMK

Attachments

• guitar 2.jpg
    guitar 2.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 295
  • guitar.jpg
    guitar.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 215

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks great man, and welcome to the forum :)

Is that the 27" or 28.6" scale? What do you tune to?

Either way, buy a 6 or 7 string set and get singles for the remaining strings. The current 8 string sets that are widely available aren't balanced well at all - the higher strings are too heavy for anything over 27", and the lower strings are too light, especially compared to the high strings.

You could do like a 9-42 set with a 56 and a 74 from D'Addario. They're working on more balanced sets for ERGs, so it'll be cool when those start coming out. I really didn't get along with the heavier Ernie Ball strings. For the time being, you can build your own 8 string sets that way.

If you wanna get really picky with tension, and don't mind ordering online, you have a lot of options with Circle K and LaBella. I really like Circle Ks, too, and you can either build a custom set out of single strings or choose from a buttload of 8 string sets available. I tried LaBella, and I don't think I like them as much as D'Addarios or Circle Ks, but they're still nice, and LaBella has way cheaper shipping fees than Circle K, and heavier singles than D'Addario. DA only has up to an .080 right now, and I'm using .086s and .088s for my low E on my RGA8.

Tyler

Reaction score
Kahlers are by far the best bridge Ive ever played. Congrats!

Splinterhead

Sojourner
Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to the org and the Agile club! One of the best bangs for the buck you'll ever come across.:yesway:

blanco

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Really nice guitar as well love a thur black/black burst finish. All these eight strings are making me want more.

Xain138776

Reaction score
thanks everyone for the nice welcome ive been playing elixers for years so i just bought a 6 string set and put those on for now! im currently using .010.013.017.026.036.046.054.074 im liking it so far and the change from a six to an eight hasn't been too bad i will try to post more pix eventually and thanks again for the warm welcome!

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
Looks great man, and welcome to the forum :)

Is that the 27" or 28.6" scale? What do you tune to?

Either way, buy a 6 or 7 string set and get singles for the remaining strings. The current 8 string sets that are widely available aren't balanced well at all - the higher strings are too heavy for anything over 27", and the lower strings are too light, especially compared to the high strings.

You could do like a 9-42 set with a 56 and a 74 from D'Addario. They're working on more balanced sets for ERGs, so it'll be cool when those start coming out. I really didn't get along with the heavier Ernie Ball strings. For the time being, you can build your own 8 string sets that way.

If you wanna get really picky with tension, and don't mind ordering online, you have a lot of options with Circle K and LaBella. I really like Circle Ks, too, and you can either build a custom set out of single strings or choose from a buttload of 8 string sets available. I tried LaBella, and I don't think I like them as much as D'Addarios or Circle Ks, but they're still nice, and LaBella has way cheaper shipping fees than Circle K, and heavier singles than D'Addario. DA only has up to an .080 right now, and I'm using .086s and .088s for my low E on my RGA8.

I quite like my combination of a D'Addario set for Fender Bass VI and a couple of singles for the top two.

oniduder

HONKEY DONKEY
Reaction score
nice guitar, is that one of those 12 module 50 watt randalls i see in the back ground? dayum dayum dayum, anyways welcome to the forum,