NGD: Jackson B8 with playthrough videos

Divitius

Reaction score
Hey guys, I purchased this Jackson USA B8 Deluxe used about 6 months ago, and I am finally getting around to posting some pictures/videos of it. I can't say enough good things about it; it really has become my favorite guitar that I own and has pretty much become my main axe.

This particular guitar has seen some tour use, and there is a decent amount of wear on the finish, so its definitely not pristine like a new one would be.

My favorite features are the walnut top with matching headstock, the body shape, and the speed of the Jackson neck.

The things I would change if possible would be adding locking tuners and increasing the scale length to 28" for low tunings.

Here is a video review I did on the B8 with a few riffs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSEMBs9l-JM

_DSC0001.jpg

_DSC0002.jpg

_DSC0003.jpg

_DSC0004.jpg

_DSC0008.jpg

_DSC0009.jpg

_DSC0012.jpg

I play guitar in a band called Divitius from Portland, OR and all of our music is written on 8-string guitars. Our sound is primarily heavy riffs influenced from Deathcore/djent/metalcore with some ambient soundscapes. We used this B8, a DC800, and a Banshee Elite 8 on our album. We recently put out a guitar playthrough of one of our tracks that is posted on The Circle Pit, check it out if you are interested in seeing this B8 in action:

https://www.thecirclepit.com/2016/0...ing_wp_cron=1474066904.1253449916839599609375

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

angl2k

Reaction score
Damn that guitar looks killer :) Will check out the clips when I get back home.

I'm surprised that it doesn't ship with locking tuners though. Do you have any plans to swap them out? Afaik they're Jackson branded Gotoh tuners so maybe Gotoh locking tuners are a direct swap

Divitius

Reaction score
Nice setting for the video. The forest approved this message :)

Looking forward to your completed release. Hope the vocals work with the music because I really like the music. Bookmarking your BandCamp.

Thanks for listening man, and yeah we filmed that at this creepy 'Witch's Castle' along this dense hiking path outside Portland.

We actually put out our first single with vocals yesterday, give it a listen if you are interested!

Divitius

Reaction score
Damn that guitar looks killer :) Will check out the clips when I get back home.

I'm surprised that it doesn't ship with locking tuners though. Do you have any plans to swap them out? Afaik they're Jackson branded Gotoh tuners so maybe Gotoh locking tuners are a direct swap

I do plan to swap those out eventually, and thanks for the info about the tuners, I did not know they were branded Gotoh tuners. I noticed that some drilling would be required if I were to swap them out with hipshot tuners because the peg hole is in a different location. I'll look into Gotoh locking tuners though-

Divitius

Reaction score
What strings/guages do you use on this guitar?

I've been using 90-62-46-36-26w-16-13-095 from Stringjoy. Pretty much a custom light top heavy bottom set, which works well for our tuning of DADGCFAD. I just wrote a track only using 7 strings where I drop the low A a half step to G# and tune everything else a half step up, so I had that in mind when I selected those string gauges-

Backsnack

Many strings
Reaction score
Scarf joint on such a pricey guitar is suprising.

I was wondering if that was an intentional line/transition for which to sand down finish that used to be on the neck? But it does suspiciously look like a scarf joint.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
I thought scarf joints were a good thing, stability and all that.

it's cheaper which is also a reason you see it on a lot of guitars anymore. You can use smaller pieces of wood compared to a one piece carved neck. Personally I think one piece necks with headstocks are terribly wasteful. I'm sure some more qualified individuals could chime in.

Divitius

Reaction score
I was wondering if that was an intentional line/transition for which to sand down finish that used to be on the neck? But it does suspiciously look like a scarf joint.

I initially thought that as well, but yes its a scarf joint. I do like that the stain on the headstock/body is not on the neck though, its much more comfortable to use. The finish transition at the scarf joint is ugly though IMO.

Latest posts