NGD-Jackson CS snowwhite Archtop soloist

• Thread starter mikernaut
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
So I couldnt resist buying this over at the JCF when the previous owner put it up for sale. I love white guitars, archtops, reverse headstocks and blank ebony boards.

This guitar is very articulate and you can really hear it when you play sloppy ( like me). :lol:

It does have a thicker neck profile then your typical soloist and I'm trying to get used to it. An "EVH" Charvel profile I believe I was told.

It arrived in such pristine condition it actually kind of scares me to play it.

DSCN4701.jpg
DSCN4700.jpg

DSCN4703.jpg
DSCN4704.jpg

DSCN4691.jpg
DSCN4697.jpg

DSCN4695.jpg
DSCN4694.jpg

Trying to decide if I like the white pickup ring on here or if I should go back to the original black one.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh man I spotted that awhile back and quite liked it. Sweet guitar! Although I would have thought that, with 27 frets, it would have the speed profile thin neck instead of a fatter one.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Holy cow! That is simply stunning. It does only have 26 frets, though. You don't see that very often.

D-EJ915

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Holy cow! That is simply stunning. It does only have 26 frets, though. You don't see that very often.
yeah that is cool, reminds me of Takamizawa's A-III which also has 26 frets but that one's a short scale.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Thanx for the kind words everyone.

Yeah ,I wish it did have a regular or speed neck so it would be an easier transition for me from my other Jacksons. I keep finding myself fumbling around abit. Maybe the extra frets on the blank board are visually throwing me off too.

I'm usually not into single coil pickups but this one sounds pretty good in the middle position combined with the 85. Very punchy sounding ,good for cleans and some Eric Johnson stuff I try to play.

I thought about throwing in the white Emg's but I think it would look odd seeing as then the black Floyd would really stand out. Also the black ones just seem to visually "work" and balance everything out contrast-wise.

Overall it is quite a different vibe from the other Jacksons I own.

Hopefully soon I will stop spending soo much money on nice guitars and actually get a nice tube amp. :lol:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
WOW!!!!! :eek: That is gorgeous, I wouldn't change a thing on that! :agreed: Gorgeous find dude. :yesway:

Oh btw just want to publicly call dibs on that if you decide to sell it. :rofl: First in line, please. Seriously. :wub:

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Very nice, indeed. :yesway: Not too dissimilar to what I might have ordered in a 7, before the CS prices got out of control...

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
I've never really been a fan of Jacksons...but wow! That is very nice. I really like the natural neck and the slanted neck pick-up.

Also the reverse headstock is sexy. :) Nice score dude.

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
Hopefully soon I will stop spending soo much money on nice guitars and actually get a nice tube amp. :lol:

:idea: buy my plexi! :lol::lol:

Thats a seriously epic guitar.
you no likey thicker neck?
Id leave it as is, or get chrome hardware on it and put white pups in it. youre right though, id see where the white pups with black wares wouldnt balance

Latest posts