NGD Jackson HT7 Pro

• Thread starter zarg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zarg

Reaction score
Something that made my new seven even more interesting is this tuning: C G C F A D D. basically six string drop C with an additional high string. That way I can play a lot of cool stuff including periphery where they play drop C with the lowest string an A. Now it does get a little tense, do you think its fine to do that? I figure its basically like using .13 to .59 on a six string in drop C (although with 26,5").

I use EXL110-7 (10-46 with a 59 on the lowest). I don't see any change in neck relief so I think it's perfectly fine & save to use, right?

And I don't use my six string because it's perfectly set up with 10-46 for my band and tuning it to drop C doesn't yield great results.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Going to bite the bullet and get a second one of these and swap pups to Juggernauts for a comparison, then maybe Ragnarok the other one. That being said, the stock pickups can do A LOT. The clarity in the low end is surprising, although I'm still not sure if that's due to my expectations being low because they are stockers or if they are actually good. I've recorded some bad out of time demos on SoundCloud using generic distorted/clean patches on a Line 6 spider if anyone is interested in hearing what the stock pickups can can sound like:

www.soundcloud.com/vynloria

They play really well, the scale length is excellent (I've got large hands).

zarg

Reaction score
Going to bite the bullet and get a second one of these and swap pups to Juggernauts for a comparison, then maybe Ragnarok the other one. That being said, the stock pickups can do A LOT. The clarity in the low end is surprising, although I'm still not sure if that's due to my expectations being low because they are stockers or if they are actually good. I've recorded some bad out of time demos on SoundCloud using generic distorted/clean patches on a Line 6 spider if anyone is interested in hearing what the stock pickups can can sound like:

www.soundcloud.com/vynloria

They play really well, the scale length is excellent (I've got large hands).

your soundcloud examples sound really good! what pickup height did you set yours? I'm currently trying to tweak it

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks! I've currently just got them to whatever they came at from factory but I can't take measurements until next week (away from home and guitars at the moment). From memory the bridge did look like it was raised a bit. I should also add that those recordings were done in Drop A with the factory string guages which were pretty light. Could easily tighten the sound by going a little heavier on the bottom end.

MofoDude2k7

Reaction score
Just bought one myself and I am quite happy with it. Can anybody recommend a case for it because its not fitting inside any of my Ibanez cases...

Demartan

mediocre
Reaction score
Just bought one myself and I am quite happy with it. Can anybody recommend a case for it because its not fitting inside any of my Ibanez cases...

Using a Gator XL case myself, fits like a glove.

Going to bite the bullet and get a second one of these and swap pups to Juggernauts for a comparison, then maybe Ragnarok the other one. That being said, the stock pickups can do A LOT. The clarity in the low end is surprising, although I'm still not sure if that's due to my expectations being low because they are stockers or if they are actually good.

Having a hard time finding reviews/comparisons from the stock pups, so I'm really curious about any comparison you might be able to do!
I was thinking about switching 'em out for BKPs (either juggs or aftermath) or Dimarzio Titans (which are basically tamed aftermaths and/or d activators) but that's probably purely due to my prejudice about 'stock pickups=shit'. If the upgrade isn't that big or non-existant at all it's not really worth dropping like 300 on BKPs... :p

Last edited:

MofoDude2k7

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. Will check that one out.

Regarding the stock pickups - these are quite good. I used to have a Juggernaut set in my RGD 2127z but switched the bridge PU to a Ragnarok.
Besides being different guitars I would say the stock pickups are more ragnarok than juggernaut but lacking the clarity and definition of the BKP in comparison. So its gonna be ragnaroks for my HT7 but its still personal preference...

goobaba

Reaction score
I played one for a few minutes on an EVH III and thought the stock pups sounded pretty good, but it was not an A/B comparison against any other pups. On a side note I'm convinced that I am putting Fishman Fluence Moderns into something soon.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I played one for a few minutes on an EVH III and thought the stock pups sounded pretty good, but it was not an A/B comparison against any other pups. On a side note I'm convinced that I am putting Fishman Fluence Moderns into something soon.
I have some for sale if you are looking ;)

I've been eyeing an HT7 for a while now and I was finally able to test a Pro out a couple days ago. Honestly... it's not for me. I really don't like the neck. It's a bit too fat on the sides for me. It's more of a D shape rather than a C shape, which I MUCH prefer a C shape.

goobaba

Reaction score
I have some for sale if you are looking ;)

I've been eyeing an HT7 for a while now and I was finally able to test a Pro out a couple days ago. Honestly... it's not for me. I really don't like the neck. It's a bit too fat on the sides for me. It's more of a D shape rather than a C shape, which I MUCH prefer a C shape.

Yeah I felt the same way when I played it. I (for no reason) was expecting it to be a thinner shreddy type of neck when it's actually pretty beefy. I think for me a modern Fender thin c shape is perfect but not widely available on 7's.