NGD! Jackson Js22-7!

• Thread starter pattonfreak1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pattonfreak1

Bored Member
Reaction score
WITH MAPLE
attachment.php

:fawk:
:fawk:

Sorry for the sh*tty pic and short post put I gotta get that D Activator installed and set this baby up

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1454982431416.jpg
    FB_IMG_1454982431416.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,014

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sean1197

Reaction score
ugh the more i look at this guitar the more i want to buy one with a maple fretboard and refinish it slime green like the soloist.

pattonfreak1

Bored Member
Reaction score
First impressions:

The first thing I noticed were the fret edges... yikes. but nothing a quick filing wont fix.
Other than that, I'm hard pressed to find a downside to this guitar. Even the pickups aren't terrible by any means. Not stellar but definitely one of the better set of stock pickups I've ever heard.

Overall I think its pretty sweet

VulgarDisplay

Reaction score
The one at my local guitar center had a stupidly high action, so I wasn't really into it. I just need to remind myself that can be fixed.

Even with the horrible setup on the one in the store it felt better in hand than a $600 epiphone LP they had there.

That LP was the worst guitar I have ever picked up and I'mt not sure why people rave about Epiphone. The frets were horrible, it was heavy, and the finish had flaws all over it.

PFlynn

Reaction score
First impressions:

The first thing I noticed were the fret edges... yikes. but nothing a quick filing wont fix.
Other than that, I'm hard pressed to find a downside to this guitar. Even the pickups aren't terrible by any means. Not stellar but definitely one of the better set of stock pickups I've ever heard.

Overall I think its pretty sweet

Mine needed the same. Fortunately it was only a few of the higher frets. Plus, new pickups really bring these things to life. Nice choice.

bigboy

Reaction score
Dope!!I have heard a few posts of others needing a lil fret work. I ordered a js 22-7 in gloss black today I did look over this model but to be honest I heard a few more neg issues in regards to this model such as the op fret issue. Any sound clips or more pics in the near future?

LTigh

Banned
Reaction score
The one at my local guitar center had a stupidly high action, so I wasn't really into it.

That was what turned me away from Jackson 7-strings when I first started exploring getting one.

Then again, all their floor models were busted as hell, a number with broken or dead strings, horrible neck twists, rough/sharp frets, and other bits of neglect and abuse.

Same with the Ibbys. Wound up with the LTD M-17, played real lovely, just couldn't get along with only 22 frets and that blocky neck joint. Searching for an upgrade led me to Schecters.

Went back and tried out a few Jackson 7s that weren't abused to Hades, felt okay, but not enough for me to plunk down ducats.

Anyhow, HNGD, OP.

Enjoy.

bigboy

Reaction score
That was what turned me away from Jackson 7-strings when I first started exploring getting one.

Then again, all their floor models were busted as hell, a number with broken or dead strings, horrible neck twists, rough/sharp frets, and other bits of neglect and abuse.

Same with the Ibbys. Wound up with the LTD M-17, played real lovely, just couldn't get along with only 22 frets and that blocky neck joint. Searching for an upgrade Led me to Schecters.

Went back and tried out a few Jackson 7s that weren't abused to Hades, felt okay, but not enough for me to plunk down ducats.

Anyhow, HNGD, OP.

Enjoy.
a guitar center in upstate NY where I use to live I would call the guitar center techs,mangers an sales reps in the guitar section out. How do u let guitars sit out of tune, ok sure people will do it but bad setups. I said wait u set up guitars here but there out if wack. This was do to a used guitar i wanted. I was told a tech went over it the day before. It was not level the guitar had massie fret buzz an a few dead spots. Hmm

UnattendedGolfcart

SSO's Fat Mac
Reaction score
a guitar center in upstate NY where I use to live I would call the guitar center techs,mangers an sales reps in the guitar section out. How do u let guitars sit out of tune, ok sure people will do it but bad setups. I said wait u set up guitars here but there out if wack. This was do to a used guitar i wanted. I was told a tech went over it the day before. It was not level the guitar had massie fret buzz an a few dead spots. Hmm

Which guitar center was that at? I live in upstate NY and I might know which one you're talking about haha

bigboy

Reaction score
Which guitar center was that at? I live in upstate NY and I might know which one you're talking about haha

Colgne ,near the mall. They sell stuff cheap but they don't do good look overs on the guitars they take in. I got a few used guitars from them an they where full of wanna be 18 year old rock stars. The manger he was nit the store manger 40 something white guy kinda skinny was a d bag. There was a heavy set woman in charge she sat in the office an does not come out. Music123 had a Jackson js series no lie 129.00 more I had a hard time getting a price match .they did but should of not took 40 min
I'll pm u

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
The colonie guitar center is pretty lame, I used to go there al the time but last time I went it looked like they nearly halved their stock

bigboy

Reaction score
The colonie guitar center is pretty lame, I used to go there al the time but last time I went it looked like they nearly halved their stock

Many times new guitars off the wall where in bad shape. I was gonna buy a new mick Thompson Ibanez it was marked down to being there for a long time. I asked what about the damage? That played no roll in the drop price. They push mustang series amps an entry spider amps. I said look I got $ an I want a nice amp not some amp u will sell a kid as his first amp or a budget amp.so I was brought to the most expensive amp in the place. I just said u know what I'll find things. I was new to the area an came in to money an I had better hand movement so I wanted to TRY to play again after a accident. I got a Micheal Kelly patriot active. I paid 179.99 it was used no marks am had active emgs an no bolt un neck. Just a tad heavier guitar. I bought a rp 1000 used for Like 230.00. I would spent 1200-2k if u let a guitar center rep pick my gear.

bigboy

Reaction score
Hopefully Friday.
I dropped it off to my tech on Sunday to have the fret edges dealt with, pickup installed, and set up to drop f#.

Dope,I'll check back for your update. Deff a few pics an if u wanna do a 20-30 sec audio clip that would be nice of you.

pattonfreak1

Bored Member
Reaction score
More pics

Attachments

• 20160222_140358.jpg
    20160222_140358.jpg
    1,003.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 20160222_140339.jpg
    20160222_140339.jpg
    967.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 20160222_140328.jpg