NGD: Jackson mij dinky DKR (Refinished)

Taikatatti

Reaction score
NGL this guitar was total impulse buy. It was listed near me for around 1000€ including face-to-face delivery so i just went with it. Guitar had some scratches and dings in the body and headstock, which explained the asking price. Fret ends were sharp and fretboard was dryer than sahara.

I swapped the pickups from the original Dimarzios for some BKP blackhawks which i had laying around. Getting there pickups to fit the original routes was a huge pain in the ass, not only are the tabs tiny but the whole baseplate needed to be filed to size to make them fit. While pickup swapping i got rid of the tone pot and moved volume to tone position, replaced the switch cap with a white one and plugged the open hole with a black silicone plug for now (white ones are in the mail ). I Also made a block for the tremolo with some small wooden sticks and grip tape.

I decided on sparkle white gloss finish, loosely inspired by the Deamoness world edge storm guitar. I thought sparkle white would go great with the chrome hardware, it did :). Quote for the project was around 3 months.

Now some pics

First the starting point:
IMG_8122.PNG

And here's what i picked up few days ago:
image3.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image0.jpeg
I'm super happy how it came out! Refinishing and setup was done by Pekka from GAS Guitarworks here in Finland. Pekka's fretwork is also worth a mention, guitar plays incredibly now and it's a complete night and day difference from what i got 3 months ago. To be honest, i did have so doubts during the waiting period if i'm trying to polish a turd and would be left with a very pretty but average playing guitar. This is the only made in Japan Jackson i've played or owned so i didn't have reference on how good it could be. Luckily i was proven wrong and i received an absolute shredders dream.

We tried to find a good quality Jackson decal for the headstock but failed to do so, all we ordered were horrible quality and completely un-usable, so that's why the headstock is blank.

Upcoming upgrades are some gotoh locking tuners and white plug for the pothole. I also might change the pickups for some white or chrome covered ones to tie it all up, but these will do for now. It sounds fucking great for both rhythm and lead.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.