NGD: Jackson USA Broderick Trans Red 6

• Thread starter Carcaridon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Carcaridon

Reaction score
These don't get a lot of love around the web but I really like this guitar. Plays great, sounds amazing, and has a deep tone that's really satisfying. The guitar is REALLY heavy, but I do mostly recording sitting down so it's not a bother. Now that I have this one I'm on the lockout for an excellent condition trans white 6.

Jackson_Broderick_TR-3.jpg

Jackson_Broderick_TR-1.jpg

Jackson_Broderick_TR-2.jpg

Jackson_Broderick_TR-4.jpg

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
That is a thing of beauty. Congrats! Love that natural binding on the fretboard.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jujex

Reaction score
This is one of the best quilt tops I've ever seen, specially since red quilt tops usually end up with less clarity. Nothing is better than red done right.

Incredible!

Chris designed a great guitar with guitarists in mind. IMO he fixed all the little issues that I would change on a standard USA. Floyd Rose pro for better comfort for ascending runs, volume knob is not in your way and Mahagony body for a different tone than Alder.

I wonder how it sounds in comparison to an alder bodied SL2H.

Carcaridon

Reaction score
I've had alder bodied soloists and a couple kellys and the tone from mahogany bodies always feels deeper, richer and more body to me. This is more similar to my SLATQH which is mahogany too. Alder sounds thinner to my ears. More high end.

Sumsar

Reaction score
HNGD!

I got the 7 string Pro* version about a month ago and it is easily the best playing guitar I have ever played.

Zero neck dive and an amazing neck and fretboard, and probably the best looking headstock ever, what is not to like?

And yes that read quilt looks amazing.

How do you like the pickups on her?

* Pro, as in cheap indonesian made, but still 1000 bucks.

Carcaridon

Reaction score
HNGD!

I got the 7 string Pro* version about a month ago and it is easily the best playing guitar I have ever played.

Zero neck dive and an amazing neck and fretboard, and probably the best looking headstock ever, what is not to like?

And yes that read quilt looks amazing.

How do you like the pickups on her?

* Pro, as in cheap indonesian made, but still 1000 bucks.

I agree. Amazing guitar. And I quite presently surprised on the pickups. They sound great. A touch too much miss for me but an easy fix by a small eq adjustment on the amp and it sounds choice. My only gripe is the price. New they're way too much. I think a better price for the USA model would be $2799 and they'd sell more. Resale on them is bad so buying new if you don't hold onto it you're going to take a hit. I'm in that dilemma now trying to get the trans white one.

decoy205

Reaction score
Everyone who plays these USAs always has a good report. Looks like you scored. That's a nice one!