NGD: Jericho Edge 8 NT

• Thread starter bdmguy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bdmguy

Reaction score
Didn't know much about the company, but I loved the specs and design. Took a little longer than expected to arrive, but Dave was very friendly to work with, and installed a Seymour Duncan Nazgul/Sentient combo at almost no upcharge.

What stood out to me about this instrument is the tone. I play all sorts of genres, and every note was very clear and crisp. The coil-tap is a nice touch, adding some great dynamics for cleans even with the pickup combo. The neck is very comfortable and quick. My only cons with the guitar were a few minor cosmetic flaws.

Overall, very stoked!

Attachments

• IMG_1144.jpg
    IMG_1144.jpg
    1,012.2 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG_1145.jpg
    IMG_1145.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 291
  • IMG_1146.jpg
    IMG_1146.jpg
    984.1 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_1148.jpg
    IMG_1148.jpg
    978.8 KB · Views: 224

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been watching these guys. If they had shown up on the scene earlier (or if they end up doing something unique) I'd have one. Right now I don't need another straight scale 8. But they are nice builds!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dave's great to work with, and the two guitars I've played have been well-built. HNGD.

Semi-pro

Reaction score
^ curious to know too.

I've been checking out these guitars every now and then. How's the balance when playing standing up? Such a short upper horn hints that there could be some neck dive...

Edit: oh and HNGD Glad to see one of these here "in the wild" (if you can say so about an internet forum :lol: )

RCB

Reaction score
I see you got yourself The Gift of Jericho. Be sure to...

e1cec4b2c47b8a8790e60311c9fa4ef02a30e0f89e0508b8f100bf2a0fe501ab_1.jpg

Seriously though, that looks like a mighty fine 8 string. I've had my eye on these guys for a couple of months now and everything they do looks solid and classy. Congrats.

bdmguy

Reaction score
Nice looking guitar... what were the minor flaws?

A little bit of stain that bled onto the neck, a small gap between the end of the nut and the slot, and the pickups had some weird residue like it was cleaned with something it shouldn't have been cleaned with or something. No big issues though!

P-Ride

Reaction score
Truly awesome-looking guitars.. only the logo puts me off. It seems slightly at odds with the clean aesthetic.

bdmguy

Reaction score
^ curious to know too.

I've been checking out these guitars every now and then. How's the balance when playing standing up? Such a short upper horn hints that there could be some neck dive...

Edit: oh and HNGD Glad to see one of these here "in the wild" (if you can say so about an internet forum :lol: )

Seems pretty balanced on me, might just be the satin finish just holding it up though :lol:

PunkBillCarson

Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge for the pickup install? I'm wanting to get the Royal Fusion 26.9 and have blue Black Winters installed.

cip 123

Reaction score
A little bit of stain that bled onto the neck, a small gap between the end of the nut and the slot, and the pickups had some weird residue like it was cleaned with something it shouldn't have been cleaned with or something. No big issues though!

I had a little residue on my Fusion 7 when I got it, just wiped off I clean and restring most new guitars anyway so I didn't even really pay attention to it.

squids

Reaction score
how does the neck feel? i've been watching the fusion 7s, but a little scared to pull the trigger as i am not a fan of schecter-type necks at all. closer to a thin ibanez wizard or a thick baseball bat?

bdmguy

Reaction score
how does the neck feel? i've been watching the fusion 7s, but a little scared to pull the trigger as i am not a fan of schecter-type necks at all. closer to a thin ibanez wizard or a thick baseball bat?

I wouldn't say it's Ibanez thin but still feels very thin and comfortable to me!

Azuricus

Tele Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy new guitar day! I've had my Fusion 8 for over a year and I can't be any more happy with it :)

Latest posts