NGD: KxK Sii-8 Grape Eight

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
OUTSTANDING!! :eek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Asrial

Whisper into nose
Reaction score
I want to quote the first post (HighGain510): DO. FUCKING. WANT.
Show up on stage with this and a plain, purple Iceman t-shirt, and every single lady in the room with faint simultaneously :lol:

trenolds39

Reaction score
Probably about the same time everybody got sick of posers wearing all black with black guitars trying to look metal. There, I said it... :lol:

On a serious note the point of this was to go against the grain of all of the boring black eight strings going on thanks to Meshuggah (I like Meshuggah, just sick of the black stained eight strings)

Purple guitars are awesome. It may just be personal taste, but when something is done well in purple, it tends to catch the eye more.

I would normally say all the matching hardware would look ridiculous, but it's matched really well to the body color and actually looks better than black hardware would imo. That neck looks ridiculously thin and flat in the last picture, although I've never played nor seen an 8 in person so I don't know what the standard is.

Congrats!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Purple guitars are awesome. It may just be personal taste, but when something is done well in purple, it tends to catch the eye more.

I would normally say all the matching hardware would look ridiculous, but it's matched really well to the body color and actually looks better than black hardware would imo. That neck looks ridiculously thin and flat in the last picture, although I've never played nor seen an 8 in person so I don't know what the standard is.

Congrats!

Honestly I was a little nervous initially about how the colors would work out together, but it turned out fantastic :yesway:

It's really odd as I HATE necks with flat backs, and this looks like it has one... but it doesn't feel like it :shrug: This thing is amazingly comfortable to play :2c:

:lol: funny, I thought it was the 80's :cool:

True, but then it went out again :lol: There was that whole extended monochromatic thang going on for several years, now it seems like colors are coming back again :metal:

MJS

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's the purplest KxK 8-string I've seen so far today. :D

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
Probably about the same time everybody got sick of posers wearing all black with black guitars trying to look metal. There, I said it... :lol:

wicked burn, dude :lol: and yes, friggin awesome guitar! ever since i picked up a custom second-hand, ive been considering having a custom 8 made to match it, but the original luthier has like a 4 year waiting list and horrible customer service haha. i'll add KxK to the potential builder's list :yesway:

Reaction score

On a serious note the point of this was to go against the grain of all of the boring black eight strings going on thanks to Meshuggah (I like Meshuggah, just sick of the black stained eight strings)

Didnt meshuggah have some Iceman or Fireman ibby's that weren't black?

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Didnt meshuggah have some Iceman or Fireman ibby's that weren't black?

Their Iceman 8's are the usual trans-charcoal finish.

Mårten has a way cool natural-finished LACS Destroyer 8 that's horribly neck heavy, but looks a lot like an 8 string Gibson Futura. It's a 30.5" scale, 5-ply maple/purpleheart neck-through with sapele wings, blank rosewood board, Kahler trem, single Lundgren M8 and single volume. He highly doubts he'll ever use it live because it's so huge and awkward, but loves playing it at home or in the studio.

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
i would like to say again i worship this guitar, and that it is one of the few painted guitars i can look at and say that i honestly wouldn't swirl it ; )

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
How can a plain finish be so great? :eek: And that custom purple hardware is incredible too! It looks like candy. All types of candy, for that matter: eye candy, actual candy, and I bet it's ear candy too.

Congratulations, man! :):yesway: