NGD Les Paul Traditional Plus-top Iced Tea

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Overdue I got the proper NGD thread for this up...

LP Traditional Plus-top in Iced Tea finish. Great guitar. I've got a set of locking tuners for it already and will probably rewire it as well eventually :yesway:

On to the proper outside pics... the sun washed out the grain on the back a bit, it looks much better in person...

IMG_4692.jpg

IMG_4693.jpg

IMG_4694.jpg

IMG_4695.jpg

IMG_4696.jpg

IMG_4697.jpg

IMG_4698.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
nice LP, i like the color, what is the difference with a standard model ?

Thanks :yesway: For 2012 the Traditional had traditional weight relief while the Standard was chambered, the Traditional has 57 Classic pickups while the Standard had Burstbucker 3s, and the Traditional has the 50s neck profile and I believe the Standard had the asymmetrical neck.

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
Classic.
Need to check these out soon.
Back of the neck smooth?

EOT

I pull over 500 lbs.
Reaction score
Nice!It looks even better outside!:yesway:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Classic.
Need to check these out soon.
Back of the neck smooth?

They are really nice from this one sample :lol:

The neck is smooth and the finish has not given me any problems so far.

Nice!It looks even better outside!:yesway:

There's a reason I like to do these NGD photos outside when it's sunny :D

goddamn that top

:agreed:

Someone's getting older. KxKs->LPs->MiM strat ? :D
That's a pretty top you have there though.

Actually the recent guitars went walnut KxK -> Mexi Strat -> LP

Next up is the crazy swirl KxK over here http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/lu...7-build-inlay-bobbin-material-pics-added.html

Though after that one I think the next two KxKs are sixers... unless an idea I had for a 7DC changes my plans :lol:

I agree though, the top on this is awesome and was what pushed me into pulling the trigger

zakattak192

Reaction score
MV5BMjA3ODYyMDQwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzM3MTAzNw@@._V1._SY314_CR4,0,214,314_.jpg

Oh... ICED TEA. I thought you said Ice-T.

EDIT:

That looks really nice though. I've had some really bad LP GAS for a while now. Might have to remedy that soon.

avenger

Reaction score
One of my favorite guitars from Gibson. Classy but could still be used to melt flesh from face.

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
Have you had any intonation problems with it at all? I had a buddy who bought one a few years back and I would not stay in tune for the life of him, just curious...beautiful guitar :yesway:

ihunda

Reaction score
nice LP, i like the color, what is the difference with a standard model ?

The standard has locking tuners and push/pull split for each pickup. Different pickups as well.
Also I think AAA vs AA maple tops?

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think it's a good sign that you haven't even taken the plek sticker off the pickup. I can see this not sticking around.... which it should.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That looks really nice though. I've had some really bad LP GAS for a while now. Might have to remedy that soon.

Sounds like a plan. I will say if you're getting one of the cheaper ones like the Tribute be ready to go through a couple. I had a 50s Tribute that overall was cool but had a few too many issues that went back before I got this one.

:agreed:

One of my favorite guitars from Gibson. Classy but could still be used to melt flesh from face.

It will indeed melt face :yesway:

Purdy. Congrats!

Beautiful. Love that finish. Super cool LP!!!! :hbang:

Thanks guys!

Have you had any intonation problems with it at all? I had a buddy who bought one a few years back and I would not stay in tune for the life of him, just curious...beautiful guitar :yesway:

No problems at all. Sounds like the nut probably needed work on your buddy's :2c:

The standard as locking tuners and push/pull split for each pickup. Different pickups as well.
Also I think AAA vs AA maple tops?

And a different neck profile and different weight relief styles (as I said above). The top grade didn't bother me since this one looks great and I've already got locking tuners here to install on this one. For $1k less than the current price on the 2012 Standards :lol:

I don't think it's a good sign that you haven't even taken the plek sticker off the pickup. I can see this not sticking around.... which it should.

Actually I already have locking tuners here for this, figured I'd worry about the sticker when I put those on and restring with Elixirs since the sticker doesn't effect anything. Only thing that came close to sending this back was an in-stock Thorn DeLuxe but even with the cash from this it was still more than I could swing :lol:

Congrats man... looks great!

That grain is stunning. Gibson never disappoints me.

Thanks! Digging the hell out of this :metal:

Latest posts