NGD: LTD SC-607B1H (owwwwwwwww yeah)

Guitarjon

Reaction score
Oh man, I'm so stoked about this NGD post haha! So Andertons had that epic deal and I saw the stock dropping and dropping so there was only one thing left for me to do... Ever since I saw the announcement of this model I just HAD to have one. I absolutely love the fact that the guitar is in purple satin as looks perfect to me. It looks unlike anything I've ever seen. The fact that it only has one pickup also really drew my attention. Not that I dislike my dual or triple pickup SC's but there is something so elegant about having just one pickup. Baritone scale, seven-string, neck thru... what's not to love!? The only thing I had my doubts about was the Fishman but I'll get to that in a bit.

So I already have an SCT-607B, SC-607B (both the older EMG models) and a SC-20. Those were all made in Korea and so is this new one. This guitar is basically flawless. The wood is nice and resonant but not too heavy, the frets are perfectly level and everything seems to work properly. I put my Elixirs on it as soon as I got it (10's with a low .68) and it plays and sound wonderful in either Bb or drop Ab.

So the Fishman; I briefly had one of those recent Schecter SLS Elite guitars with the Fishman moderns in it a while back but in that guitar I did not gell with the Fishmans at all. They were just too thin sounding for me and I couldn't get a nice 'weighty' chunk out of them. The thin swamp-ash body probably didn't help matters. I was excited to try the Stef Fishman model in this guitar though. I was hoping the body wood and design would help a bit to give a fuller sound. Luckily this Fishman sounds much better to me than the modern's in my old Schecter. The active mode is nice and tight with a good mid-range focus, not thin sounding at all. The passive mode has transparent and dynamic highs with fuller lows.

All in all, amazing guitar! Super happy with it. I did make a quick introduction video with some riffs through my Hughes & Kettner Grandmeister Deluxe 40. I think it sounds great! Check it out:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

twguitar

Reaction score
Glad youre enjoying it! Im blown away with the quality of these, cant put mine down

Guitarjon

Reaction score
Glad youre enjoying it! Im blown away with the quality of these, cant put mine down

Did you also get yours from Andertons? They sold so quickly. Is yours made in Korea or Indonesia? How do you like the neck on yours? But yeah, I can't put mine down either!

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Reaction score
You and me both, man! Not at all surprised you're happy. These guitars are STUPID good! They practically play themselves. Voicing 2 was definitely preferable to me, but I've already replaced it with a Nazgul and shockingly there isnt a huge different between a Nazgul and voicing 2. Anyway, very happy with this. It's been dominating my play time for sure

twguitar

Reaction score
Did you also get yours from Andertons? They sold so quickly. Is yours made in Korea or Indonesia? How do you like the neck on yours? But yeah, I can't put mine down either!
I did indeed, saw them the day they went up and had to grab one. Yes Korean, must be one of the last batches.
The neck is incredibly comfy, enough chunk to get a grip on but nice and fast.

Guitarjon

Reaction score
You and me both, man! Not at all surprised you're happy. These guitars are STUPID good! They practically play themselves. Voicing 2 was definitely preferable to me, but I've already replaced it with a Nazgul and shockingly there isnt a huge different between a Nazgul and voicing 2. Anyway, very happy with this. It's been dominating my play time for sure

I bet that Nazgul sounds very filthy in that guitar! Voicing 2 sometimes can get a little muddy in the lows but in the end it all depends on your amp/pedals/settings etc anyway.

I did indeed, saw them the day they went up and had to grab one. Yes Korean, must be one of the last batches.
The neck is incredibly comfy, enough chunk to get a grip on but nice and fast.

Awesome! The neck on mine feels rounder and slightly bigger than the necks on my SCT607B and SC607B but it's comfortable indeed!

migstopheles

Reaction score
man, i follow andertons on facebook, check their site regularly and i never saw sight or sound of this deal until i saw it mentioned twice here. what gives? i missed the same thing a while back with the red sparkle 7 and before that a black stef tele on guitarguitar for £600, can't seem to catch a deal on these things :(

Obsidian Soul

Reaction score
man, i follow andertons on facebook, check their site regularly and i never saw sight or sound of this deal until i saw it mentioned twice here. what gives? i missed the same thing a while back with the red sparkle 7 and before that a black stef tele on guitarguitar for £600, can't seem to catch a deal on these things :(
Red sparkle 7?

Guitarjon

Reaction score
Here's a pic of all my SC's together:

Edit: I have no idea how to embed IG pics

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAPyqzpnryH/?igshid=om3aymmupvu5
CAPyqzpnryH