NGD Made in Poland Crushing axe

• Thread starter BabUShka
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BabUShka

Reaction score
So I picked up this beauty today at the post office.

I just sold my LTD AW 7 and came over this Ran Crusher 6 for basicly the same price. I play several high end brands, but this one is something else and completely different from the other guitars I've owned.

It has mahogany body and the fretboard looks like ebony. Setneck but it frels like a neckthrough. The joints and carvings are completely perfect.

My first impression is really good. It sounds massive and chuggs out of the box. Very low action!

The Blackouts sounds good and powerful. Clean are good. But they are a bit too much for my taste. I had to disengage my booster. I will install a pair of D Activators that I have.

Neck is really smooth and thin C profile. If you like the MM JP6 neck, you will enjoy this one. Same scale length, but it feels longer.

TBH I didnt know what to expect. But it just blew my mind how great this guitar feels and sound, a massive metal machine. It has a very low weight. I did not expect that.

I am super impressed and it feels like a much higher quality that does not reflect on the price tag at all. Its the closest I've come to a custom guitar for now. It does not hurt that it looks amazing.

20240209_143614.jpg20240209_143629.jpg20240209_143641.jpg20240209_143833.jpg20240209_143753.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BabUShka

Reaction score
I actually found a reply from myself when I did the research last week. Its on another forum where I said I wanted to try those like 12 years ago. 😄

Isurez

Reaction score
HNGD! Dariusz's guitars are some of the best I have ever tried. It's a pity that I didn't have the opportunity to order one for myself, because I waited too long to make the decision. :(

BabUShka

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yes its a shame they went out of business, I read some posts from SS members here earlier that had ongoing orders from him in that time. Not good.

Its still possible to find those second hand though.

There is an Invader 7 for sale here locally, but its more than twice the price of what I paid for this Crusher.

cthsqd

Cthulhu Squadron
Reaction score
Looks excellent, I love how the equipment all in black fits in the wooden body

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Congrats!
I've always wanted to get my hands on a 7 string crusher. Timing and cash availability never seem to line up, though :(

BabUShka

Reaction score
Congrats!
I've always wanted to get my hands on a 7 string crusher. Timing and cash availability never seem to line up, though :(

That would be Nice! I might consider it in the future 😊

I've spent some time with the Crusher the last few days. Still amused and enjoying this guitar. The blackouts sounded nicer than I remember from the Schecter ATX. Dry sound, good crunch and very boosted sound. Great way to push an overdrive amp without a pedal. Sounds like an active version of the SD Distortion.

But I dont like that they constantly deliver 120%, its all in and kinda uncontrollable imo . So the D Activators will still go in here. The guitar sounds warm but snappy. I think the mahogny body will pair good with a set of DA. Just hope there is a grund wire in the cavity.

BabUShka

Reaction score
So, I've had this guitar for a while - still same impression. Still want to swap out the Blackouts as I appriciate them less and less for each day that goes by..

I have two sets of pickups in spare : Dimarzio D Activators and a set of Lundgren M6. I want a crunchy, tight and aggressive sound for this guitar.
Im leaning towards DA for the RAN Crusher with coil split, and maybe put the Lundgrens in a EC1000 that I own.

Any thoughts?

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
So, I've had this guitar for a while - still same impression. Still want to swap out the Blackouts as I appriciate them less and less for each day that goes by..

I have two sets of pickups in spare : Dimarzio D Activators and a set of Lundgren M6. I want a crunchy, tight and aggressive sound for this guitar.
Im leaning towards DA for the RAN Crusher with coil split, and maybe put the Lundgrens in a EC1000 that I own.

Any thoughts?
What tunings are each going into? Both pickup sets will definitely get the sounds you're after, but the M6s may be a bit much in higher tunings.

BabUShka

Reaction score
What tunings are each going into? Both pickup sets will definitely get the sounds you're after, but the M6s may be a bit much in higher tunings.

I was thinking of D standard, og even C# Standard for the Crusher. Eb or D for the EC1000 .

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
I was thinking of D standard, og even C# Standard for the Crusher. Eb or D for the EC1000 .
That’s a tough choice since they’re so close. I’d say D Activators in the Ran, like you said. The M6s may play nice with the shorter scale on the EC.

Latest posts