NGD Mayo content

• Thread starter philkilla
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
After a year and a half, I acquired my very own spec'd out Mayones Duvell; specs are:

Ash TEW top in antique black
Mahogany back
Wenge and purpleheart neck
Ebony fretboard
26.5" scale
Lundgren Black Heavens
Schaller-Hannes bridge

It is not as black as I anticipated, but it looks extremely classy in person. It is even more difficult to take a picture of, especially with a cell phone.

Fit and finish is fantastic, and it sounds mean as hell.

This is my first experience with the black heavens (use M series pickups for years), and I still need more time to A/B them because I just moved recently. At a glance, they almost seem to have less output than the M-series pickups, but they still get very raunchy and retain clarity very well.

This is also my first experience with a schaller-hannes bridge, and I gotta say it is well worth the plunge. Extremely comfortable, and I can assume adjustments will be very easy as well.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
i figured the Black Heavens would have too much low end for a mahogany body, but they do look sweet! I have a set in my RG970XL and love them!

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
Looks brown on my screen and not black, but I love the look and I think this shade of deep brown looks killer!

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks brown on my screen and not black, but I love the look and I think this shade of deep brown looks killer!

It's really difficult to capture a good shot of it. I'll try to get some better ones on a sunny day.

i figured the Black Heavens would have too much low end for a mahogany body, but they do look sweet! I have a set in my RG970XL and love them!

I ran them through my recording rig last night of a DI box/clarett pre and neural omega granophyre; no tweaking, just used some prior settings, and good lord they are gnarly sounding.

Well worth looking in to.

MSS

Reaction score
Gorgeous! I have black heavens in a Duvell 6 and they sound killer.

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
Gorgeous! I have black heavens in a Duvell 6 and they sound killer.

Yah they do. Going in mostly blind was worth it I think.

Off topic, I've been blowing up Johan Lundgren for YEARS to make humbuckers with white bobbins; I'd love to put a set in my RGD.

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
Nobody is gonna talk about that M8M? My man, you have some great taste in guitars!