NGD: Might as well start with a bang! (Oni)

• Thread starter Tommy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
Dang Tommy!! That's a piece of art, man! Big congrats!! Glad you are enjoying it!. :)

Tommy

Terribly Unlucky
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the nice words. I will say that if anyone gets an opportunity to try out a Oni, go for it! They are amazing guitars.

kengtin

Reaction score
Whoa... whoa... this is my concept of uniqueness + classy + badass all in 1 guitar. Congratulations! I'll be checking ONI next because of this :p

Please upload audio/video samples of this baby in action

Tommy

Terribly Unlucky
Reaction score
Whoa... whoa... this is my concept of uniqueness + classy + badass all in 1 guitar. Congratulations! I'll be checking ONI next because of this :p

Please upload audio/video samples of this baby in action

I'm working on trying to get some clips for the guitar but I just haven't had the time lately. I'm hoping to work on something soon. :yesway:

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Tommy, that is seriously stunning. The idea of an 8 just eludes me whenever I think about it. But then I see cool designs like these, and how ergonomic they are, really makes me want to give one a try! HNGD Buddy! :D

Tommy

Terribly Unlucky
Reaction score
Tommy, that is seriously stunning. The idea of an 8 just eludes me whenever I think about it. But then I see cool designs like these, and how ergonomic they are, really makes me want to give one a try! HNGD Buddy! :D

Playing an 8 string really does open up more possibilities. You think and play in a slightly different way. It's interesting to try out.

Roland777

Reaction score
What's the neckprofile on the beauty like? I'd appreciate as exhaustive of a description as possible!

Tommy

Terribly Unlucky
Reaction score
What's the neckprofile on the beauty like? I'd appreciate as exhaustive of a description as possible!

The neck is extremely flat. It makes my 1527 feel huge and rounded.

Now I'm not the biggest fan of flat necks but for this guitar it feels right. I'm really horrible about explaining stuff through the internet. So here's a picture to try to explain.

It's very comfortable and I've never played another neck close to this so that's part of the reason I can't explain well.

Tommy

Terribly Unlucky
Reaction score
^Show yourself Lex Steele! :D

I didn't get it.. until I used Google. Now I do get it. Long, hard ebony... I really could've gotten through my entire life not knowing who that was and would've been happy...