NGD: "Modded" Douglas Hadron 727

SergeBXP

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I recently acquired a new 7-string that I thought perhaps would be interesting to see for some of you. It is a B-stock Douglas Hadron 727 I purchased from Rondo Music for $140 bucks (the tremolo arm would not stay in, hence the price).

I've had some really nice expensive guitars, but have been rather frustrated with my music lately, so I sold my lovely Framus Diablo, and decided to buy the cheapest piece of stool I could find. Since I block off the tremolo anyway, this seemed the perfect choice.

So what could I expect for $140? It turned out an okay guitar for the money. The neck is straight, the hardware is made of some soft metal as in I will likely need to replace some parts in half a year. The frets are leveled but what they are made of remains unknown, and that alloy produces some really nasty frequencies in the top end. I threw away two of the pickups, leaving one volume and the bridge pickup (just love that S7420 Luc Lemay of Gorguts has), still need to shield the guitar properly due to the much noise and try it in a live setting. All in all, it is definitely an acceptable guitar for practicing and even recording some stuff. Here's a short clip I did without really eq-ing the guitars:

BOXPNCTE EP 2 Studio Update/Douglas Hadron 727 Demo - YouTube

Attachments

• 3xZ0oNEULpk.jpg
    3xZ0oNEULpk.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 80
  • JzesIDXxi5s.jpg
    JzesIDXxi5s.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 116
  • SAMqG8HTQ0I.jpg
    SAMqG8HTQ0I.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Z4I2JLHjunA.jpg
    Z4I2JLHjunA.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 62

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Hadrons/ WRL590s are a good chunk of wood for the price, probably the best thing Rondo has that's not an Agile

SergeBXP

Reaction score
Hadrons/ WRL590s are a good chunk of wood for the price, probably the best thing Rondo has that's not an Agile

I do agree, especially after owning an Interceptor 727 that cost three times the price I paid and essentially was in the same sound quality category. With some time and money invested into this, the Hadron might turn out pretty sweet.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.