NGD (new to me) Gibson Les Paul Classic P90 Tobacco Sunburst

• Thread starter Strobe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Strobe

Reaction score
2018 Les Paul Classic P90 Tobacco Sunburst - smaller.png

I have a lot of guitars. Some would say too many, but I cut those people out of my life because I do not need that negativity. That said, I can usually rationalize another guitar by saying "well I do not have anything like ______". There was not much left that fit that category. It was pretty much just a EBMM JP Majesty to complete my all the Petrucci stuff collection, and something with P90's. I am pleased to report that only the Majesty remains.

Guitar is a 2018 model, and it is new to me - but it was a deal that was difficult to pass up. It plays well. I know Gibson is a little consistent and on the internet I am supposed to hate them and blah blah blah, but this one is a nice guitar. Good fretwork, no defects I can find, only cosmetics are some honest playwear (only on the back). The P90's sound as P90's should. I always have an internal fight between my desire to not have 60 cycle hum ever, and my desire to not fiddle with a good thing and add electronics unecessarily to combat that. For the time being, she remains unmodified unlike the tele I put Fishmans in.

Time to go relearn some Sabbath riffs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Those seem like awesome guitars. I think no weight relief and richlite board? Looks absolutely killer. Congrats!

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Hell yeah, enjoy!

Strobe

Reaction score
Those seem like awesome guitars. I think no weight relief and richlite board? Looks absolutely killer. Congrats!

Yep, can confirm no weight relief and Richlite. I will have to weight it. It has some heft, but I have definitely felt a lot heavier. Richlite is one of those things that the purists hate but I actually consider an upgrade in most respects.

soliloquy

Reaction score
now thats a beauty! and p90's are super underrated! and i love how the black pickups are bringing out the tear drop burst even more. Classy!

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Yep, can confirm no weight relief and Richlite. I will have to weight it. It has some heft, but I have definitely felt a lot heavier. Richlite is one of those things that the purists hate but I actually consider an upgrade in most respects.
I had an LPC with a richlite board and it was magnificent. I really like the stuff.

kidmendel

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
These are visually my favourite Les Pauls they've ever done, and P90s rock. Congrats!