NGD: Not Dead Yet!!

• Thread starter IbanezDaemon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Had been after one of these for ages as I'm a long term Jason Becker fan. He's a been a huge influence and inspiration to me...not that I can play anything like that guy!! I kept missing out on this model for one reason or another....almost had a deal struck with a guy about a year ago but he decided to hold onto it. Then a fellow UK Guitar Forum member contacted me asking if I'd bought the one that was for sale on Reverb? Told him I hadn't even seen it....he was kicking himself for not grabbing it as well. So I decided to set up a specific search alert on Ebay and Reverb for one and sure enough this one popped up a few weeks later I bought it immediately.

It's a very cool guitar. Pretty weighty for a superstrat. Alder body/wings, Neck Thru, Flame Maple Top, Birdseye Board, 25" scale, M22SD & M22V humbuckers with active electronics. A great little player.....neck is very slim....heading towards Ibanez Wizard territory for sure. Lots of tonal variety. There's an active or passive option, coil split and a phase switch. Pretty pleased with this one though I haven't spent too much time on it....was out on loan, came back and went out on loan again to a young 17 year old shredder friend of mine who is a massive Jason fan so it's his dream guitar and I was more than happy to let him borrow it.

A6n1.jpg
A5n2.jpg
A8n.jpg
A2n1.jpg
A4n1.jpgA7n.jpg
A9n1.jpg

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I loved my JB207 that Kiesel did. Except for the Kiesel fretboard issues it had, which were a total kick in the pants. I expect like every model the Carvin is much better on average. I'm also a big Becker fan. HNGD.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
@Pietjepieter Thanks man!

@SalsaWood Thanks! This is actually a Kiesel build but putting Kiesel on a Becker sig would be sacrilege. I think the company were actually Kiesel anyway before switching to Carvin?

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
@Shawn Thanks....much appreciated as always!!

@budda Yeah for sure. Insane talent! I actually had tickets for the DLR 'A Lil Ain't Enough' Tour and then the news came through that Jason had been diagnosed with ALS. I was gutted for him.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
@Pietjepieter Thanks man!

@SalsaWood Thanks! This is actually a Kiesel build but putting Kiesel on a Becker sig would be sacrilege. I think the company were actually Kiesel anyway before switching to Carvin?

Yea, it's the same company and yet a lot to unpack within the details of dichotomy. I forgot they put the Kiesel name on the 207 but not the 200. As long as there aren't circular sander gouges in your fretboard you won't have the problem I had in any case, and otherwise mine was the best sounding and one of the best playing guitars I ever had.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Yea, it's the same company and yet a lot to unpack within the details of dichotomy. I forgot they put the Kiesel name on the 207 but not the 200. As long as there aren't circular sander gouges in your fretboard you won't have the problem I had in any case, and otherwise mine was the best sounding and one of the best playing guitars I ever had.
Bummer dude! I take it you didn't hang onto it then?

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score
Dude you have such a great eye for cool guitars!
I've always wanted one of these in the natural finish.
Carvin_JB200C_Jason_Becker_Tribute_Guitar%2C_BOLT-V_-_2014_NAMM_Show.jpg