NGD - Not everything is black and white! (My 3rd and 4th Carvin DC800)

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
But these are!
IMG_7810.jpg

I got hit by the worst GAS I've ever experienced this year.
It started this summer. A friend of mine got the DC800, so I went there and checked it out. Within about 30 seconds I was sold, moments later I was already putting in my order... at his place. Couldn't even wait until I got home, haha.

So in July I got this spaltastic beauty

It didn't take long until I just had to get another one. As the spalted one was quite expensive (for a Carvin). I thought I'd just go with something simple. A guitar I could just leave at the rehearsal place basically.

So I pretty much just chose standard specs, black on black, nothing fancy. Man I got blown away when I got THIS.
So simplistic and classy. I absolutely loved it! So much I actually ordered another one just like it a couple of days later! I couldn't just leave a guitar like that at the rehearsal place. Had to have one at home too :lol:

The funny thing is that before I ordered it I told the Carvin guy that he wouldn't be hearing from me in a while. And when I ordered it I told him, ok, NOW you won't be hearing from me in a while. The day after I ordered another one in white. Thought they would compliment each other nicely. Man I was right! :D

I didn't take as many pictures as I use to with this one.

IMG_7775.jpg

IMG_7803.jpg

I have to say the white color is really incredible. It's so white it almost glows in the dark, haha. Just amazing! I can't make up my mind which one I like better. The black or the white.

A little detail I really like about them though, is the natural body binding. Originally I wanted the binding to be black and white, but Carvin didn't offer this, so I chose top woods that would look the closest. Maple for the "white" binding, which looks more beige really. And walnut for the "black" binding, which is dark brown with a touch of red it looks like.

I was really concerned about this when I ordered, but I have to say I think it looks even better than having an actual black and white binding. Looks more solid and less cheap in a way.

Other than that it's not much to say. Plays like any other DC800... with med-jumbo frets at least :p Sounds perfect to my ears. Just what I'm after.
I really dig the A80 pickups!

But hey, I may be biased:
IMG_7824.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Damn... Four DC800s? Want...

Question... How much did that table run you? :lol:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
What's so fucked up about it? When I find something I like I end up feeling the same way. Then when something else comes along I have bargaining chips to get *that*.

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
What's so fucked up about it? When I find something I like I end up feeling the same way. Then when something else comes along I have bargaining chips to get *that*.

But I got 4! I want it to stoooop! :p

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Seriously, though... Where'd you get that coffee table... Shit's slick.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
The hilarious thing is that there is NO DIFFERENCE between them basically, except top wood (which probably makes a minimal difference to the tone) and finish. That's what i call a SERIOUSLY INFECTIOUS type of GAS! Seriously, you just bought 4 og the SAME GUITAR with different finishes!

I would put different pickups on two of them at the very least. Different flavors and all that.

I probably would get 4 of those if i had that kind of cash too though, if i have to be honest...

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
The hilarious thing is that there is NO DIFFERENCE between them basically, except top wood (which probably makes a minimal difference to the tone) and finish. That's what i call a SERIOUSLY INFECTIOUS type of GAS! Seriously, you just bought 4 og the SAME GUITAR with different finishes!

I would put different pickups on two of them at the very least. Different flavors and all that.

I probably would get 4 of those if i had that kind of cash too though, if i have to be honest...

Don't change a winning team. Don't fix it if it ain't broke etc...
I play metal, who cares about flavors :p