NGD - Not everything is black and white! (My 3rd and 4th Carvin DC800)

WaffleTheEpic

Banned
Reaction score
ooooo... I might get slapped for this, but..... has anyone dropped a Kahler into their DC800? I'm tempted to buy one and to see if it's possible. I'm "guessing" I'd have to go the Mayones "route" and drop it into the body....

I've heard a lot of good about Kahler bridges, so even if it'd take a little bit of wiggling, I'd try it. :b

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
ooooo... I might get slapped for this, but..... has anyone dropped a Kahler into their DC800? I'm tempted to buy one and to see if it's possible. I'm "guessing" I'd have to go the Mayones "route" and drop it into the body....

Isn't a Mayones like three times as expensive as a DC800 though? :p

LivingTimmy

Timmy!!
Reaction score
Happy NGD! They look freaking sweet! I've been GASing for a DC800 for a while now, but I don't know exactly what I want yet. This thread isn't helping :lol: . They all look soooo awesome!!

Reaction score
Not if ordering directly. It's the same price as in the US + $200 in freight (to Norway) + 25% tax (in Norway -_-)

For the price of two 2228 here, you get three DC800 basically.

Oh thats not too bad, for some reason I thought you could only order through dealers at really inflated prices.

How are these compared to your F8?

lobotom

Reaction score
Congratulations. This is a damaging thread. Heading to the Carvin store tomorrow to put in my order. It's going to be really close to your black one. Hope that you don't mind ;)

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
Oh thats not too bad, for some reason I thought you could only order through dealers at really inflated prices.

How are these compared to your F8?

They tried to do this at some point, but looks like they stopped doing that. Both I and everyone I knows didn't order a single Carvin in that period and I'm sure we were not the only ones, so I guess that got something to do with it :p

The F8 is such a weird instrument (not in a bad way) with the extreme fan and smaller string spacing and stuff, it's difficult to compare it to anything really.

Both have their pros and cons.

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
Congratulations. This is a damaging thread. Heading to the Carvin store tomorrow to put in my order. It's going to be really close to your black one. Hope that you don't mind ;)

I CLAIM THE RIGHT TO TEH STEALTH GEETAR! FUCK OFF!

petervindel

Reaction score
Does Carvin offer anything other than a 27" on the DC800?
I tried searching their web site, but it´s so messy :p
I am seriously considering getting one of these after seeing your white with walnut binding, but would preferably want a 30" or at least a 28"...

Also; anyone know if their basses are any good? I am trying to find a decent 5 string that can handle F# tuning, but the ones I have checked out so far are too expensive...

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
Does Carvin offer anything other than a 27" on the DC800?
I tried searching their web site, but it´s so messy :p
I am seriously considering getting one of these after seeing your white with walnut binding, but would preferably want a 30" or at least a 28"...

Also; anyone know if their basses are any good? I am trying to find a decent 5 string that can handle F# tuning, but the ones I have checked out so far are too expensive...

Only 27".
Have you played on a 30" though? I have an 8-string with 30" and it's pretty massive. I definitely like the 27" scale better, it's longer, but not enough to make an significant difference in playability.

Tom 1.0

Djizz.
Reaction score
Should have got a maple board on that white one to contrast completely....

They look fantastic, what a brilliant collection.

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
Should have got a maple board on that white one to contrast completely....

They look fantastic, what a brilliant collection.

I thought about that, but I don't think the yellowish maple fretboard goes too well with the whitywhite color.

Latest posts