NGD...Old man gets an old man's guitar (Epiphone content)

• Thread starter MistaSnowman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MistaSnowman

Play It LOUD!!!
Reaction score
After work today, I went to GC to trade in my RGA7 for the item that's in this bag...

mistasnowman-albums-me-my-new-guitar-picture7746-after-long-day-work-i-went-gc-trade-my-rga7-blasphemy-i-know-item-bag.jpg

Is it a Gibson?!?!

mistasnowman-albums-me-my-new-guitar-picture7747-gibson.jpg

Not quite, it's my Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro

mistasnowman-albums-me-my-new-guitar-picture7748-no-its-epiphone-les-paul-custom-pro-its-mine.jpg

Headstock

mistasnowman-albums-me-my-new-guitar-picture7749-a.jpg

There she is!!!

mistasnowman-albums-me-my-new-guitar-picture7751-there-she.jpg

Me and my NEW guitar!!!

mistasnowman-albums-me-my-new-guitar-picture7753-me-my-new-guitar.jpg

DanakinSkywalker

Reaction score
Looks beautiful, I bet you don't need me to tell you to play your heart out! Congratulations

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MontaraMike

F Sharp
Reaction score
Wow that's a sweet guitar! Be careful though, strap broke and I dropped my first Les Paul on my foot and nearly broke it, my foot that is.

nik35

Reaction score
I always loved how classy those guitars look. HNGD man!

eventuate

Reaction score
Epiphone LPs are sweet guitars. Sure, it's not a Gibson, but I played mine for the first time in a long time today and I remembered how much I love the sound of it.

I did change out the pickups in mine to Seymour Duncans, a JB in the bridge and a 59 in the neck (or the other way around...I always forget). It's not that I didn't like the stock pickups, but I just wanted more diversity, and that's what I got! I don't know how you feel about the stock pickups, but I'm just throwin that out there.

Oh and congrats on the new guitar! I love the black and gold hardware look so much.

themightyjaymoe

Zombie Autopilot
Reaction score
Young or old a Les Paul Custom is a fine choice. T-shirt and Jeans or a suit and tie there isn't any musical style you cant cover with that bad boy. Enjoy!!!

JSanta

Reaction score
I actually prefer the Epiphone's over their Gibson big brothers. Great looking guitar, congrats!

MistaSnowman

Play It LOUD!!!
Reaction score
Thanks for all the kudos, I really appreciate it.

Never thought I ever part with my RGA7, but this guitar is well worth it!!! This guitar sounds as good as it looks! At first, I thought maybe I could replace the stock pickups with SD 59's or Pearly Gates, but the ProBuckers are the truth!!! Nice vintage sounds in humbucker mode but the single coil mode is where this guitar really shines!!! Once I learn how to do the Soundcloud/YouTube thing, clips will be forthcoming.

Here are the specs for the Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro...

Mahogany body
Carved mahogany top
24.75" Scale set-in mahogany neck
Rosewood fretboard
Block fretboard inlay
22 Medium jumbo frets
ProBucker 2 neck humbucker with coil-split
ProBucker 3 bridge humbucker with coil-split
LockTone™ tune-o-matic bridge
LockTone™ stopbar tailpiece
Grover tuners

....and for those interested, here is the listing for my 'old' guitar...(no pics though)

http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-RGA7-108761837-i3017194.gc

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
That's great man, always good to see a guitarist with a new axe and a smile on his face. :) Been a big fan of Les Paul's ever since I saw three of my earlier guitar heroes playing them. One day I'll get one, or an Epiphone. Glad to hear you like it man!

Latest posts