Construction: Bolt-on
Body: Alder 42mm thick with black binding
Neck: 3 piece maple
Fretboard: Ebony
Inlays: Mother of Pearl
Scale Lengths:
Seven string: 25.5" - 27.8" Multiscale
Neck shape: D shape with round shoulders
Hardware: Custom Hipshot USA multiscale bridge and Hipshot USA locking tuners Black
Fret wire: Jumbo Stainless Steel
Nut: Bone
Inlay: White
Pickups: 500k pots, 3 way & push/pull tone pot for coil splitting
Bridge - PVH A5 humbucker
Neck - Old School single coil

REVIEW:

The perfect guitar for me is something that inspires me with new pathways to play. Not only is it the medium to voice the music I hear in my head, it can equally be the source of an idea. It is rare to find an instrument with this symbiotic relationship but incredibly exciting when I encounter one. This is such a guitar.

The Ormsby TX GTR Eaton Special represents unparalleled quality from a production model instrument. The build quality is exceptional with specific attention to detail given to typical problem areas like the nut and frets. The pickups are bright enough for spanky funk music and have a nice mellow jazz tone with the tone backed off. Whilst this guitar is probably marketed towards rock and metal players, I was surprised at the fantastic variety of tones the guitar achieves covering stratocaster type territory as well. The weight of the whole guitar is light and comfortable. The D shape of the neck feels natural and stable. Hipshot hardware has proven to be reliable and intuitive as ever.

The Ormsby Eaton model is now my no.1 for most contexts. I guess that speaks volumes about the versatile design. You know you have a winner when the guitar you choose to lounge around on the couch with is the same as your gigging guitar.

FANNED FRETS

This is my first foray into the world of fanned frets and I must say, I am a convert. The fan is subtle enough to avoid any visual confusion or obscure my playing. The low end notes are tight and pronounced with the extra scale length. Conversely, the highs are effortless and slinky with the shorter scale length. Genius. I used to avoid playing my other baritones due to the discomfort of really taught treble strings, but now I have the best of both worlds.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE

The team at Ormsby have outstanding customer service and make themselves available to every client. Even though I had to wait a couple of extra months than originally planned, it was the way the Ormsby team handled the situation that impressed me the most. Here is a company that treats its customers with respect and understand the importance of transparency and honesty. When you choose to play a guitar, you are also choosing to represent a particular company. As an Australian musician and high school music educator, it fills me with pride every time I pick up my Ormsby to know I am representing an awesome Australian company doing what they are passionate about.

Check out my progressive rock band 'Kettlespider' at

https://kettlespider.bandcamp.com/

https://www.facebook.com/kettlespider/

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ormsby guitars

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Each run is getting smoother and smoother. I think we need to see this same guitar layout done in mid blue stain sometime in the future :)

HarryLikesProg

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Each run is getting smoother and smoother. I think we need to see this same guitar layout done in mid blue stain sometime in the future :)

my own signature model would be a fanned fret 7 string TX GTR flamed maple faded jean stain with 3 white single coils, no pickguard, flamed maple neck, silver and white hardware, schaller bridge

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
I gotta say, i'm absolutely blown away by the designs coming out of the Ormsby shop right now. As a huge convert to the church of the Telecaster this only makes me consider jumping in on a run of these the next time they are available. Excellent guitar mate!

Xenogen

Reaction score
Amazing photos. I love the colour grading.

For the price, production models just don't get any better than these!

I'm glad you're ecstatic about your new Ormsby guitar. Welcome to the Ormsbro crew!

PBC

Prototyper
Contributor
Reaction score
Lush and clean. Happy NGD!

Semi-pro

Reaction score
These look so fine. Been gas'ing for one since I saw them a few months ago in their instagram. Congrats!

Splinterhead

Sojourner
Contributor
Reaction score
Beautiful take on the tele design. Excellent acquisition, congrats!

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
Gorgeous! I think these look even better than I could've imagined from the 2D mockups we saw initially.

Hmm, you got any sacred artwork of her from the back?

Simic

Reaction score
This is one of the best takes on a tele Ive seen. Need to get one myself now :D

CGrant109

Reaction score
I knew nothing about these guitars until seeing this post and :ugh::eek: wow. Incredible looking guitar! Congrats!!

Latest posts