NGD - Ormsby TX Carbon 7

Jamiecrain

Reaction score
NGD!

Ormsby TX Carbon 7 string in Ermine White.
- 29 frets on the high strings
- Locking tuners
- The most comfortable fixed bridge I've played and looks great in the matt black.
- Fanned frets 25.5 to 27.8" for some serious heaviness.

First impressions?
Sick. For a production model, it is very high quality and sounds amazing.

What I like
- The design is unique. I dislike and would never buy an old-style guitar. This however, is the tele from hell. Sure it looks a bit drunk, but that its charm. The black binding combined with the carbon scratch plate look great.
- The neck is perfectly smooth and feels very natural. This has wide fan but even with small hands I can deal with it.
- It has locking tuners, so i can quickly access different tunings with no problems.
- The pickups, which are stock Ormsby pups, sound as good as any high-end SDs or Dimarzios. The coil split means awesome clean tones and the humbucker really rips with high gain.

What I dislike
There is a touch of neck dive if I angle the neck up when playing standing up. The guitar settles completely horizontal so it's not too bad.

All in all, a beast of a guitar which I will down-tune (easy with 27.8") and use in place of my 8 string.

IMG_3899.jpegIMG_3900.jpeg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
I have got the vintage white/cream version of this one, a true beast! I keep wanting to change the pickups but I go back & forth because they sound sooo good for certain sounds (straight rock/ 80's metal).

Re the fan, got used to it in no time, love it actually. Fun fact to share, for Ormsby SX, TX 7-string guitars w/ 29 frets, the extra frets + fan makes it possible to down tune to the 8-string territory (e.g. Drop E = EBEADF#B) while maintaining the highest note of a typical 24 fret (29th fret on the 1st B string = a high E) on the highest string.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
I've been really tempted by some of Ormsby's offerings lately, especially given the AUD<USD conversion.
This looks classy and simple. Congrats OP!

Latest posts