NGD Ovation Matrix 1132-1 - Aluminum Fretboard

CovertSovietBear

ブロリー
Reaction score
Haven't played an acoustic for a very long time so picked this up from a friend.
From what I've read online these were made in the 70s and besides being made mostly of plastic the fretboard is aluminum (aluminium for our UK friends). This example has some apparent chipping but it hasn't affected tone or playability.
It's a very loud guitar, light and in dire need of a strap. The round back makes it easy for the guitar to slide off your lap regardless of play style.
Anyone know any more info? This was sitting in storage since the 90s after someone left it after a party and hasn't been used since. Replaced the non-wound strings with some electric strings I had laying around and sounds pretty good. Guess I can bust this out when hanging out with friends and play non-metal songs for them for once :dime:
upload_2021-9-5_18-55-20.png
upload_2021-9-5_18-55-42.png
upload_2021-9-5_18-56-4.png
upload_2021-9-5_18-56-26.png

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
The fretboard is aluminum or the neck is aluminum? Was it somehow finished black?

Looks cool, if it's a good beater you're set.

CovertSovietBear

ブロリー
Reaction score
The fretboard is aluminum or the neck is aluminum? Was it somehow finished black?

Looks cool, if it's a good beater you're set.
Fretboard is aluminum and the neck is a plastic blend, not sure on manufacturing specifics so don't know why it's dark? Info online is scarce. For sure a nice beater to throw in the car.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Latest posts