[NGD] Padalka Pluto 8 SC

• Thread starter sezna
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CW7

Reaction score
Absolutely gorgeous! Congrats. I got my Pluto last year and in light of recent events I now think it’s gotta stay with me for the long haul . Fantastic and unique instruments to say the least.

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
No way! Happy to see you here! Your guitar is what inspired my build. I actually wanted to do pink, but he said it'd be too close to your build and therefore not possible. Your build is so awesome!
Absolutely gorgeous! Congrats. I got my Pluto last year and in light of recent events I now think it’s gotta stay with me for the long haul . Fantastic and unique instruments to say the least.
Well if you're ever thinking it won't be with you for the long haul, I'll gladly buy it off you. :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Simon is a great dude and does amazing work. Only guitar I want anywhere near as bad as another Oni. They play so amazingly well too. Just spectacular instruments. Congrats!
I was between putting in an order with Padalka or with Oni before finally deciding on the Oni, just because I've wanted one for much longer.

These Padalkas are such eye candy, I never get tired of seeing them. And especially never get tired of seeing new pictures whenever they surface online. I belie I saw this build a couple of times online as it was being completed, and it is absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations! The Pluto SC shape is my favorite of his.

G_3_3_k_

Probably diddling an Oni
Reaction score
I was between putting in an order with Padalka or with Oni before finally deciding on the Oni, just because I've wanted one for much longer.

These Padalkas are such eye candy, I never get tired of seeing them. And especially never get tired of seeing new pictures whenever they surface online. I belie I saw this build a couple of times online as it was being completed, and it is absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations! The Pluto SC shape is my favorite of his.

Having had the opportunity to play both right in the same sitting, they are both the same caliber of instrument. Neither would disappoint you. And both Simon and Dan are so nice. Just good people. And they have a lot of respect for each other. I'd wanted an Oni since 2008 when I first saw one. Simon hasn't been around as long. So Oni first. The Oni has a bit more of a unique edge to it as well. You won't be disappointed man. I've had mine for almost two years now, and literally every time I pick it up, I'm blown away by it.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
No way! Happy to see you here! Your guitar is what inspired my build. I actually wanted to do pink, but he said it'd be too close to your build and therefore not possible. Your build is so awesome!

Well if you're ever thinking it won't be with you for the long haul, I'll gladly buy it off you. :)
Interesting that Simon is protecting the "one off"-ness of others builds he's done.

olejason

Reaction score
Is it just shielding tape on the back of the magnetic cover? I ask because I have a bass with a magnetic cover but it has started to warp over time, not sure the best way to go about preventing it from getting any worse

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Having had the opportunity to play both right in the same sitting, they are both the same caliber of instrument. Neither would disappoint you. And both Simon and Dan are so nice. Just good people. And they have a lot of respect for each other. I'd wanted an Oni since 2008 when I first saw one. Simon hasn't been around as long. So Oni first. The Oni has a bit more of a unique edge to it as well. You won't be disappointed man. I've had mine for almost two years now, and literally every time I pick it up, I'm blown away by it.
This is what I'm looking forward to with Oni, and it can't happen quickly enough. :lol:
Dan has been so incredibly courteous and pleasant so far, even though we only started talking a couple of months ago.

Maybe some day in the future there'll be both an Oni and a Padalka on my wall 😜 but for now I enjoy the pictures and whatever soundclips/videos people post.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
God you know how many times I have opened this thread just to check out this guitar? Serious bucket list material right here.

What's insane to me is how freaking affordable his builds seem to be, relatively speaking. You're not spending private stock money on what definitely looks like the most "worth it" boutique designs out there.

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
God you know how many times I have opened this thread just to check out this guitar? Serious bucket list material right here.

What's insane to me is how freaking affordable his builds seem to be, relatively speaking. You're not spending private stock money on what definitely looks like the most "worth it" boutique designs out there.
I'd say this was on the more expensive side of custom guitars. More than Mayones, oni, Waghorn, Ran (RIP), Skervesen, etc.
I don't know if many guitars are as expensive as PRS private stock. Maybe a les paul that Alex Lifeson himself played? So if that's your standard...there are plenty of "worth it" guitars 😀

Azarea

Reaction score
I find it interesting that a Russian called it the Iron Curtain. Makes me wonder what Simon thinks about what is going on in his area of the world.

While he obviously can't make an explicit comment on the subject, he definitely doesn't seem supportive of the war.