NGD! Polish inside! (56k go away!)

iloki

Reaction score
So, the time has finally come! My custom has arrived.

In my excitement I neglected to take unboxing photos, but you all have seen plenty of those, so moving on :)

Upon opening the box and pulling out the case, to my utter horror this is what I find:
20130722_121440.jpg

The case is utterly destroyed at this corner.. wood splintered, tolex split.. what trials and tribulations my poor guitar must have gone through to make its way to me.

And yet, in a cruel, twisted... twist of Fate...

The guitar made it through completely unscathed!
DSCN0273.JPG

In case it's not obvious what this is yet:
DSCN0285.JPG

A Skervesen Medusa FF7!
Specs:
Ash Body
Quilted Maple top w/Black binding
Maple/Wenge 5 piece neck, stained red on the sides and black in the center
25.5" to 27" fanned fret
Macassar Ebony fretboard with some seriously tasty streaking
Custom inlay at 12th fret
Luminlay side dots
slanted Alnico Blackhawks
Hipshot locking tuners
ABM single string bridges
Push/Pull coil split on the Volume, no tone
3 way toggle

The contrast between the Wenge and the black stained maple is remarkably beautiful
DSCN0284.JPG

I had several requests for a close up of the inlay, which is my band's logo:
DSCN0277.JPG

DSCN0279.JPG

DSCN0280.JPG

DSCN0286.JPG

DSCN0281.JPG

She plays incredibly well, almost plays herself, I hardly need to do anything lol
Incredibly smooth, and the action is insanely low, and not a hint of buzz anywhere on the neck. The fretwork is flawless, nice, rounded bevels and insanely smooth as SS frets should be.

The pickups sound awesome, super clear, super tight, but not overbearing. I seriously love the Blackhawks in general, they are really an extremely versatile set of pickups, this is now my second guitar with Blackhawks installed.

The neck profile is a little different, slightly asymmetrical. Its a tad thicker and more of an offset sort of fat D at the first fret, and that tapers out to a thinner C shape around the 20th fret. Its extremely comfortable and guides my thumb exactly where I'd like it to be.

This is my first guitar with fanned frets.. outside of the mind ....ery that tells you that this fret should be there (which it is, your mind just doesn't realize it right away lol) that fades relatively quickly, its incredibly comfortable, and I find myself able to make stretches that would otherwise be impossible (on a 27" scale) or painful (on a 25.5" scale) with relative ease.

The body is pretty thin, and extremely comfortable. Even with the lack of a large forearm cut, my arm sits in the perfect position for picking. It is fairly heavy, but not as heavy as my all Walnut and Maple DC700.

A couple of decidedly minor gripes:
First: 24th fret access is good, but not great. EASILY the best access of any bolt on single cut I have ever played, however.

Second: The neck pocket is a tad rough on the back top edge, facing the neck. Barely noticeable unless you really look for it, and obviously doesn't affect playability in the slightest.

In short (too late!) I absolutely love this thing. :tmm:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Congrats man, shame about the case. That's a sick color combo.

Edit: And the Blackhawks compliment it all so well!

DeathPaupiette

Master-baiter.
Reaction score
....in' sick, I'm seriously in love with Skervesen's headstocks/finishes ! And dat Macassar fretboard ... And dem slanted Blackhawks ... HNGD man !

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Nice - one of my favorite Skervesens.

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
Skervesen knocked it out of the park.... again.
That neck is one of the most badass things I've ever seen, the black/red combo matches so perfectly with the rest of the guitar.
HNGD! good luck to you and your band :yesway:
btw you should post links of you using this monster live in your band shows :D (im just being greedy, I wanna see the guitar as much as possible :lol:)

FAiRLiGHT

GUiTAR ADDiCT
Reaction score
Really nice man !

i'll get my skerv at the beginning of the next month, i hope it'll be great as yours !

HNGD !

PS : !

Aris_T

Reaction score
Epic! This is among my top favorites of the singlecut/tele twists out there! Congrats and enjoy!

DISTORT6

NJ DEVIL
Reaction score
Nice! HNGD! :yesway:
That pic of the case did scare the crap out of me. :lol:

iloki

Reaction score
Haha, yea it scared the crap out of me too when I opened the box!
It did its job. It served a short, but meaningful life. It will not be forgotten for its duty and valor in the transportation of my beloved Skervesen. :)

jahosy

Reaction score
Feeling tempted to jump into this pool of blood :p

Congrats and HNGD!

Latest posts