NGD! PRS Custom 22 SE

Reaction score
I've been lurking around here for a while so I figured it was about time to make my first post.
I got this PRS out of a trade not too long ago. Traded my Jackson RR3 and BC Rich SOB (both of which I got at less than half price:fawk:and never really played anymore) and I got this lovely thing here plus some cash, but anyways...
I liberated this guy from a bad home, they were playing it through a small crate practice amp:wallbash: but I'm biased there so take no offense, or do, that's up to you gentlemen.
I've only been playing this thing for about a week (there's just never enough time but it plays just wonderfully. The only problem that I have with it is the bridge pickup, the guy put a Seymour Duncan Dime Bucker in it which doesn't work well with this guitar in my opinion. But that's not that big of a deal, just me finding something to complain about.

Some specs:
Mahogany body
Flamed maple top
Mahogany neck
Set net
22 frets
25 inch scale
Three way switch
Total awesomeness:bowdown:

Attachments

• pictureview.jpg
    pictureview.jpg
    453 KB · Views: 47
  • 2012-06-16_14-19-54_287_KPT.jpg
    2012-06-16_14-19-54_287_KPT.jpg
    392.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 2012-06-16_14-20-59_852_KPT.jpg
    2012-06-16_14-20-59_852_KPT.jpg
    500.8 KB · Views: 20

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats! I had an SE Cu24, nice guitar. I need another white SE singlecut eventually...

xxvicarious

Reaction score
Congrats! I had an SE Cu24, nice guitar. I need another white SE singlecut eventually...

Man, I've been trying to get my hands on a White SE Singlecut haha. Beautiful guitars.

Good deal on the Custom! I love the Dimebucker.... But I wouldn't go as far as to put one
in a PRS lmfao.

Reaction score
:agreed:
I would love to have one of those!
Congrats man, welcome to the club! If you are feeling adventurous you should try buying a US Tremonti pickup for the bridge.
I may have to look into that. I'm glad someone suggested something interesting rather than a dimarzio or duncan, not saying that their bad, just nice to see something else now and then

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
:agreed:
I would love to have one of those!

I may have to look into that. I'm glad someone suggested something interesting rather than a dimarzio or duncan, not saying that their bad, just nice to see something else now and then

Duncan and DiMarzio are nice, nothing wrong with them - but I, personally, feel that I get more interesting textures out of things like Bareknuckles and PRSi pickups. Its hard to explain but its almost like I get more of the woods tonal character out of them.

Reaction score
Duncan and DiMarzio are nice, nothing wrong with them - but I, personally, feel that I get more interesting textures out of things like Bareknuckles and PRSi pickups. Its hard to explain but its almost like I get more of the woods tonal character out of them.

I've heard nothing but good things about Bareknuckles. But yeah, I get what you mean, I like to hear the differences in the woods of my guitars.