NGD: PRS S2 Standard 24 Satin (Charcoal)

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
I'll keep this short and sweet. Sold my Gibson Les Paul Menace, used the money to purchase this guitar before the $400 (CAD) price hike. The build quality on this PRS is miles ahead of my old Gibson. The neck is chunkier than I remember these being (Pattern Regular--the 2022's will now have the Pattern Thin on the Standard 24's, but mine is a 2021), but it feels awesome. The quality of this guitar is outstanding, especially for the price point. The stock pickups were nice, and they had a wonderfully 'sweet' tonality to the midrange, but I wanted something with more 'attack' and 'bite' with a bit more 'clarity'. Found a used Dimarzio PAF Pro (for the neck) and then bought a new PAF Pro for the bridge. They sound awesome! The PAF Pro's are very even sounding and very clear with a good amount of bite.

Now the pics (first pic has stock 58/15 S pickups):

FNhL_6DXsAIOJ2u

FOZfz0FWQAMCLi-

FOZgVMsXoBARd0b

FOZfYtwWUAcomfG

FOZgQbAXsAQlCKt

FOZgQdHWUAU0n6c

FOZfzyyXoAUMGcv

FOZgD6AWQAMMuG6

FOZfz2eXEAUehvY

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Man, not a huge PRS guy, but thats a cool axe. Looks like it'd fit well on stage at a black metal show all the way to smooth jazz. Great pick.

Breakdown

Reaction score
Nice bro, the necx is perfect imo, im not a fan of the trem bar but im gonna try and have mine decked and put in a nice set of PAF-like pups at some point. congrats

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Nice bro, the necx is perfect imo, im not a fan of the trem bar but im gonna try and have mine decked and put in a nice set of PAF-like pups at some point. congrats
Yeah I had my tech put in a trem-block to block the trem since I don't really plan to use it much at all and I prefer the stability of having a trem blocked.

Let us know what pickups you put in yours and how they sound. Do you have a Charcoal finish as well?

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
I like chrome pickup covers typically but man that guitar looks even better- more aggressive with the PAF's. I've also always liked that pick-guard shape and it looks wonderful ( being gloss black) against that satin finish charcoal.. Dude, that's just sexy as fuck. Congrats!

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
PRS makes a fine and versatile guitar, enjoy.
They sure do, I'm extremely impressed.

I like chrome pickup covers typically but man that guitar looks even better- more aggressive with the PAF's. I've also always liked that pick-guard shape and it looks wonderful ( being gloss black) against that satin finish charcoal.. Dude, that's just sexy as fuck. Congrats!
I totally agree, very happy with the look of it with stock pickups but I think with the Dimarzio's it lets off a Batman vibe that I totally dig!

Breakdown

Reaction score
Yeah I had my tech put in a trem-block to block the trem since I don't really plan to use it much at all and I prefer the stability of having a trem blocked.

Let us know what pickups you put in yours and how they sound. Do you have a Charcoal finish as well?
I have the frost green finish but I bought a lime green pickguard for it and plan on putting in some sort of chrome or nickel vintage paf stylle pups at some point. Just trying to figure out which ones. will def update when I figure it out.