NGD: RG7320Z (first 7)

• Thread starter freakalishess
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

freakalishess

Reaction score
So here's the story: I wanted to get a Ibanez RG7320Z but I didn't have enough money so I ordered the RG7321 from eBay (because here in Bulgaria we don't have the RG7321 or the RG7320Z). About a week after that I recieved an email from the seller:
Freakalishess, I need to inform you that we shipped you the wrong 7 string. The one sent to you is the RGA7BK. It's actually an upgrade with active electronics and a locking trem. Very sorry I hope this will be ok, it's $150.00 error in your favor and we can live with it. I just hope you can. Let me know.
Thanks,Reed@Roxy Music
And I was like ok no problem whatsoever :agreed:
Two days ago I recieved a letter/invitation from the customs saying that my package was held there and I need to go to them, pay some additional fees and take my package. I went there yesterday, got the package, opened it and for my surprise it was the RG7320Z :cool: Got it home, assembled it (the seller said that the neck will be unbolted), the seller included a pack of GHS boomers 9-58 strings which suck btw, but I put them anyway because I didn't had a 7 string set around me AAAAAND today i made some photos of the beauty so I can post them here but there's just one problem... I don't know how to post them like most of you guys do (a resized image that can be viewed full size) so here's my photobucket album: Pictures by sn00py_ - Photobucket
btw the photos are a lot bigger but photobucket resized them so if you want to see them fullsize just let me know :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

danielzabolotny

Reaction score
If only mistakes like this happened more often... Good job on that one, haha. It's a solid guitar that should last you forever at the very least.

ibanezRG1527

Banned
Reaction score
ive got your back dude!

IMG_4916.jpg

IMG_4907.jpg

IMG_4904.jpg

IMG_4908.jpg

IMG_4920.jpg

IMG_4911.jpg

IMG_4934.jpg

IMG_4942.jpg

IMG_4935.jpg

IMG_4941.jpg

IMG_4927.jpg

IMG_4938.jpg

IMG_4944.jpg

IMG_4923.jpg

there ARE more in the album. i just grabbed these ones because they showed the best angles

freakalishess

Reaction score
how you like that ZR trem?
Actually it's a Edge-Zero II trem and I really like it my other guitar is GRG170DX which has a terrible excuse for a trem sistem but when I bought it I didn't know anything about guitars back then :)
I haven't removed the stop bar from the ZPS3 system and it is really stiff I mean it didn't even moved when I was tuning the guitar so the ZPS3 really keeps the trem on the zero point.

s4tch

Reaction score
Which seller is it? I'd try my luck, too... :D

Congrats, man, pretty nice fist seven!

shanejohnson02

Hammer of the Gods
Reaction score
Thank you!
So nice to see someone appreciateing the walnut parquet :) actually this is my job, my dad is in the parquet business and I started working for him and he teached me everything. The photos are from my room, I made the floor with a colleague of mine.

I definitely do appreciate it. I'm not in the flooring business (I do IT work for the US gov't) but my grandparents live in a house that was built in 1850, and it has the original wood floors. Much darker now than yours, but ever since I can remember I loved the way it looked. One day, when I get my house, it'll have wood floors.

Also, passing thought: How cool would it be to have that as a drop top on your guitar?

freakalishess

Reaction score
I definitely do appreciate it. I'm not in the flooring business (I do IT work for the US gov't) but my grandparents live in a house that was built in 1850, and it has the original wood floors. Much darker now than yours, but ever since I can remember I loved the way it looked. One day, when I get my house, it'll have wood floors.

Also, passing thought: How cool would it be to have that as a drop top on your guitar?
Trust me there are some really dark pieces of walnut on the floor but this is a 3rd quality parquet which means that there's a lot of variety in the colors and textures.
And abot the drop top.. I don't know I prefer it to be a whole piece or two glued together but check this video it has a Mayones guitar with a ''mozaik'' top on it made out of different woods :)
http://youtu.be/dRN1_g7gmdk