NGD: RG7620

• Thread starter hilljack13
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hilljack13

Reaction score
Exactly this..

Congratulations on the great find! The 7620 in vampire kiss is an awesome guitar. I reallllly like that finish. Because it is discontinued, you may want to reconsider refinishing it. If you want something gray, try to find a used K7 in blade gray!
Have had a few. The one I have now was signed and I sold the other BG a few years ago. Still looking for a replacement. It is my favorite guitar!

pawel

Reaction score
I got mine on ebay for 260 euro five years ago. I realise it was a freak occurence (it was a beater and mislabelled as a 7420), but there are probably still a few out there to be had for decent money.

Please don’t refinish it.

Nexidge

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I just bought this one, wanting to know what sort of locking nut I need to buy for it. Also did I get fleeced lol, it's going to be my first 7 string, I thought I'd try out a guitar with a trem, coming from playing an Ormsby SX 6 carve top

I didn't even realise it had only the volume pot and no selector even, I guess I'll have to make it a project, but that'll teach me for buying guitars at 1:30am

Last edited:

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
I just bought this one, wanting to know what sort of locking nut I need to buy for it. Also did I get fleeced lol, it's going to be my first 7 string, I thought I'd try out a guitar with a trem, coming from playing an Ormsby SX 6 carve top

I didn't even realise it had only the volume pot and no selector even, I guess I'll have to make it a project, but that'll teach me for buying guitars at 1:30am

You need a 48mm nut (Ibanez part 2TL1UV48B, B = Black)

My RG7620 has no selector either, 2 pickups wired to a single push/pull volume pot, keeps things extra simple.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
If you do refinish it, let me know who you went with, I've been thinking about getting my beat up Royal Blue converted to a Silverburst.

Nexidge

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You need a 48mm nut (Ibanez part 2TL1UV48B, B = Black)

My RG7620 has no selector either, 2 pickups wired to a single push/pull volume pot, keeps things extra simple.
Thanks for the reply, I might just try that configuration too, it would be a lot easier than trying to make the route for the switch again. The refinish is really quite good, and I think a sleek simple look would suit it!

It's funny that the neck is the same thickness as my Ormsby SX6 carvetop, and the 24th fret access is better too, at least for my smaller hand, and it's got one more string.

mrvomit

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I might just try that configuration too, it would be a lot easier than trying to make the route for the switch again. The refinish is really quite good, and I think a sleek simple look would suit it!

It's funny that the neck is the same thickness as my Ormsby SX6 carvetop, and the 24th fret access is better too, at least for my smaller hand, and it's got one more string.
i did not see that specific one but the original nuts costs a lot , and be aware that other nuts( from other brands) have wrong radius , only gotoh get "close" (15 3/4" ).
Now, i did order ANOTHER one original ibanez which is not rear mount ( is top mount) , but i HIGHLY suspect they are compatible , the threads should be the same and costs a lot less ( ranging from 40 to 50 ) , at least i'm sure threads of floyd rose are the same , only difference is top mount have a larger hole JUST in the Topside to guest /accomodate the head of the screws preventing them to be in the way of nut-block . . WHen it 'll arrive i could say about it ( i asked in a thread but no one knew about it , i guessed it ) . I need for a Dean but i have a rg7620 too to compare , i do need as floyd on Dean is too tall overall and putting unnecessary high action ( hope ibanez is less tall )and i felt it was wrong radius too

Jesse7620

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That’s Vampire Kiss if it’s a 7620.

Edit: Oops. Saw the color was addressed already.
Looks similar to mine … I got burnt when I posted mine although it’s real .
Nice score .fugijen mij ..
Hard to find and nice
To play
Cool to see another

Attachments

• 4FAC7BC6-E809-4527-9F49-837F2AF6239E.jpeg
    4FAC7BC6-E809-4527-9F49-837F2AF6239E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 34
  • F6CD49AD-E139-40E0-9370-D72EC2ED9C38.jpeg
    F6CD49AD-E139-40E0-9370-D72EC2ED9C38.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
  • 712EEB93-9804-402C-A60D-9AFBD43F4815.jpeg
    712EEB93-9804-402C-A60D-9AFBD43F4815.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
  • 9CF3ED13-2EDC-4B10-9DD8-5BD01CE12564.jpeg
    9CF3ED13-2EDC-4B10-9DD8-5BD01CE12564.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 35

Nexidge

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
i did not see that specific one but the original nuts costs a lot , and be aware that other nuts( from other brands) have wrong radius , only gotoh get "close" (15 3/4" ).
Now, i did order ANOTHER one original ibanez which is not rear mount ( is top mount) , but i HIGHLY suspect they are compatible , the threads should be the same and costs a lot less ( ranging from 40 to 50 ) , at least i'm sure threads of floyd rose are the same , only difference is top mount have a larger hole JUST in the Topside to guest /accomodate the head of the screws preventing them to be in the way of nut-block . . WHen it 'll arrive i could say about it ( i asked in a thread but no one knew about it , i guessed it ) . I need for a Dean but i have a rg7620 too to compare , i do need as floyd on Dean is too tall overall and putting unnecessary high action ( hope ibanez is less tall )and i felt it was wrong radius too
The nut is intact for mine, I only really need the clamps, I'm going to see if the Gotoh GLN-7 clamps fit it, I don't see why they shouldn't. Either that or I'll buy the top mount Ibanez one, whichever is cheaper for me. The guitar looks really cool, and honestly it looks way better as the refinish, it was a really trashed up black one before this new finish

Last edited:

mrvomit

Reaction score
The nut is intact for mine, I only really need the clamps, I'm going to see if the Gotoh GLN-7 clamps fit it, I don't see why they shouldn't. Either that or I'll buy the top mount Ibanez one, whichever is cheaper for me. The guitar looks really cool, and honestly it looks way better as the refinish, it was a really trashed up black one before this new finish
uh ok i think many will be fine if it's just the clamps ,and guess are not expensive original ones too. i did read the message where you was adviced for the entire nut.

oh you took the australian one , i saw her lol.

hilljack13

Reaction score
All the added comments are very welcome! I have the top of the guitar stripped. I basically f^$%ed the small piece between the pickups. I'll have to fix it. This is going to take longer than I thought....no surprise there. I still plan on doing a silver burst with matching headstock, adding SD Black Winters. I might need to have the frets leveled. There was some decent buzz action going on before the tear down.